10

ND68:

We drank until the early morning at the house. All splitting the bottle of champagne and being lunatics. I woke up to the sun on my face on the couch. Damn, I fell asleep on the couch, fuck me my neck hurts. I sat up and saw there was a blanket over the top of me and a pillow under my head. P was still knocked out on the other couch across from me but Pierre was nowhere to be seen. I slowly got up stretching my muscles and my joints popped like popcorn. I walked over to the guest room and Pierre was sitting on his phone. "Good morning sunshine." He said with a toothy grin. "What happened last night?" I asked. "Well Penelope crashed out around 2 am and you did as well shortly thereafter. I couldn't leave you guys to freeze so I looked around and found an extra set of blankets and pillows in the closet so I put them on you guys." He said. I smiled. At least he cared. "Thank you." I said and he nodded. "I kinda want to go to the beach today, you down?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm down. Just let me know when you wanna go I'll drive us." He said. "For sure. I'm gonna ask P when she wakes up if she wants to come too." I said and he nodded.
*
*
*
"Hey P when do you wanna get ready to go?" I asked. "We can now so we can get going." She replied and I nodded. "I'm gonna go grab my suit and then I'll leave the room to you." I told Pierre and he nodded. I ran and grabbed my two-piece black suit and a hair tie so I could put my hair up in a braid. "All yours Pierre." I hollered and I heard the chair move telling me he got up. I braided my hair quickly and put on my suit then slipped a purple baggy shirt on over the top. I walked out and sat on the front patio to wait for them. A few moments later the door opened and it was Pierre. He had on light blue swim shorts and a black tank top. "Just waiting on the prima donna." I said and he laughed. "Thank you again for letting me stay with you guys." He said. "It's not a problem. I'm glad I could help." I replied and smiled. Just then P walked out and I stood up. "Come on let's go be hot." She said linking her arm with me and we skipped over to Pierre's car. I heard him let out a laugh at the sight of us as we did our thing.
*
*
*
The beach wasn't super crowded but there were people. P decided she wanted to tan but I wanted to go in the water so that's where I headed after leaving my things with P. Pierre tagged along as he didn't feel the need to tan either. Eventually, we were splashing each other and acting like children. He picked me up and threw me a little farther out than we already were at one point. After an hour or so we went back to the beach and sat down next to P. "Enjoy the water you Labradors?" She asked. "Enjoying the sun you lazy bloodhound?" I asked back flipping her off and she returned the favor. "Ah carino, piccolo problema." Pierre said. "Whatever language that was I don't speak it but I heard something about a problem." I replied. "Someone posted a picture of me throwing you into the water." He said flipping his phone around to show me. "Oh, they can go to hell. We're friends." I said rolling my eyes. "Wait you're not pissed?" He asked. "No. I don't give a damn. Hold on." I said and grabbed my phone. I opened up Instagram and went to my story to upload one. I started recording the water then flipped the camera to P and she flipped it off and then Pierre who was on the other side of P and he did the same. I posted it with the caption "Beaches and bitches." As it was an inside joke with me and P. "Baku will be fun with interviews." I said with a sarcastic laugh. "Hey you said it, they can go to hell." P said laughing.
*
*
*
The time came when it was finally time for me to leave Australia. P drove me to the airport and we said our goodbyes. Once I got through security and all that jazz I made it to my gate with about half an hour to spare so I went and got a coffee. In line, I noticed someone familiar. Sebastian Vettel. I decided to not be weird and just let him be and ordered my drink. A few moments later a lady shouted my name and I grabbed my drink from the counter. As I walked out I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I turned and it was Sebastian. "I'm sorry to bother you miss but you are Nova Daniels aren't you?" He asked. "You're not bothering, but yes I am. I'm also very well aware of who you are sir." I said. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He said and stuck his hand out to shake mine. "Likewise." I said shaking his hand. "Are you on your way to Baku?" He asked. "Yes, I am. You?" I replied. "Yes. I decided to visit here and Baku. It's lovely seeing Charles doing so well and watching a woman drive is spectacular." He said. "It's nice seeing him in a car he works well with." I said. "Please join me. I'd love to talk to you." He said and started walking to the gate seating. I followed and sat down next to him. "So how is the Ferrari treating you?" He asked. "Very well in my opinion. I've only had one incident in the last three races so I'm pleased." I answered. "That's a good thing. But one thing, never let Ferrari take away your spirit Nova. I can see you doing very big things in this sport. Keep your head on tight and go for gaps that don't exist yet."