24

ND68:

I woke up to my alarm and I groaned. Fuck me I don't wanna get up. I went to sit up but there was a weight over my body. I opened my eyes fully to look and I saw it was Charles. He'd been staying with me each night for a while now. I just felt peace in his presence. I slept throughout the night if he was there. What the hell is he doing to me? I slowly moved his arm from around my waist and got up. Fuck I had to pee. I ran to the bathroom and did my thing and brushed my teeth. When I came back out I saw Charles sitting up against the headboard. "Morning." I said. "Bonjour chérie." He said and I smiled at him. Oompf that morning voice. Stop it he's your best friend and he prolly doesn't feel the same way. I made my way to my suitcase and then grabbed a pair of jeans and a hoodie. "What's the weather gonna be like today?" I asked not knowing if I should bring a T-shirt just in case. "In your weird American words sixty-three degrees Fahrenheit." He said. "Thank you. And you're just not American so you don't get it so don't bully me." I replied. "Tout est amour." He said. "Whatever that means." I mumbled and he laughed.
*
*
*
We arrived at the track and went out separate ways once we got to the paddock. I walked into Ferrari and said hello to Frédéric and Carlos. I didn't see my strategist though so I didn't get to say hi to him. I walked into my driver's room and got changed. Qualifying was yesterday and I was able to get P2 behind Max with Charles on my ass in P3 and Carlos on his ass in P4. "Nova there's someone here for you." Frédéric said from outside my door. "One second." I said. I tied the top of my race suit around my hips and then walked out. "Mom, Dad." I said shocked. Why are they here? "Hi, sweetie." My mom said. "No don't hi sweetie me. What the hell are you guys doing here?" I asked. "We wanted to come to support you." My dad said. "Well, you can support me from the grandstands. Get out of my garage." I said and my parents looked stunned at my response. "Honey, why are you being like this?" My mom asked. "Why the hell are you here? You never gave a shit beforehand." I said. "Like I said we wanted to come support you." She responded. "Your support is as good as shit to me. Get out of my garage and go show your bull shit support elsewhere." I shot at them. "We are your parents, little girl. Is that any way to treat us?" My dad said and stepped closer to me. Just like when I was a kid and he didn't like what I had to say. "Parents support their children in what they want to do. I believe she asked you to leave as well." Carlos said walking up from behind me. "We will talk later. Come on Mary." My father said and they walked away. "You okay?" Carlos asked. "I will be. Thank you." I said. "Not a problem." He replied and went back to his side of the garage. I went to go back to my driver's room when my vision started to blur. "Carlos!" I yelled and I fell to the floor. I couldn't breathe. I heard footsteps running towards me and I looked up and saw Carlos. "Breathe in and out come out you need to breathe or you'll pass out." He said. "Char- Charles." I got out barely and he nodded. "Someone go get Charles and fast!" He yelled not leaving my side. "Come on Bonita respirar." My vision kept going in and out and my breathing was still fucked. I couldn't get it under control. "What's- hap-penning." I asked my words coming out in spurts. "I'm not sure but all I know is you need to try and breathe." He said his eyes full of worry. "I'm here what's going on?" Charles asked then he saw me in the back of the garage and ran over. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked getting down on his knees to be more level with me. "Her parents came and they had a nice discussion, she went to go back to her room and she yelled for me and was on the ground when I got here." Carlos said. "She's having a panic attack." He replied. "Come on." He said and picked me up and carried me to my driver's room. He sat me down on the couch in there and sat down next to me. "Grab my hand, focus on one of my rings or bracelets, and breathe with me okay?" He asked and I nodded. He counted down and I tried to follow his pattern. I looked down at his hand and found a bracelet I could focus on. I twisted the fabric between my fingers and finally got my breathing under control. "See there we go." He said with a smile. "You're gonna be alright." He added and I gave him a small smile. "Come on let's go get some water and some fresh air." He said and grabbed my hand. I slowly stood up and followed him out. I expected him to let go of my hand as we walked out but he didn't. He walked side by side with me and kept checking on me every few seconds. "Charles. Media." I said. "I don't care." He said and I nodded. "Is she okay?" Carlos asked. "I'll be okay." I said. "You scared me." He said and wrapped his arms around me to hug me. Charles let go of my hand when he saw he was going to. "I'm sorry." I said. "It's okay." He replied with a sweet smile. "Here you go." Charles said handing me water. "Thank you." I said and he nodded with a smile. "Okay, are we ready to race now?" Charles asked. "Fuck yeah. Im gonna add another win to my collection." I said and they laughed. "You're gonna lose Mon Chéri." Charles said. "We'll see about that when you're staring at the ass of my Ferrari Schatje." I replied and he smirked. "Don't take me out." He said. "You mother fucker." I said and he laughed. His laugh was amazing. It could make all my problems go away in a split second. Oh fuck me, I think I'm falling for the Prince of Monaco.