41

ND68:

"How is the car?" "Shit i don't know what the fuck you guys did but it's shit." Pre season testing was not going well if you couldn't tell. "What's wrong with it?" "Won't turn and it has no fucking go." I said. "Okay bring it back in and we will work on it." I clicked the button on my steering wheel and drove around back to the garage. "Fix it." I said when I got out of my car. I went to my driver room and changed into my regular clothes. Jeans, Ferrari tank top, and vans. "I'll be back tomorrow." I told Fréd and walked out of the garage. No one else was back in that I was close with so I just decided to wonder. "Miss Daniels, can I speak to you for a moment?" The voice of Toto Wolff said. I looked over towards him and nodded. "Yes sir." I said and walked into the Mercedes garage. "You seem to be having a rough day." He said. "You have no idea." I replied and groaned. "Niki would have loved you." He said. "I'm sorry?" I asked. "Niki Lauda went into Ferrari and told them it was a shit box, you have done the same. You speak up when the performance of a car is shit, and that's admirable. If you ever find yourself lost with Ferrari, my office is open." He said. "Thank you Mr. Wolff but I'm happy with them for the time being." I said and he smiled. "Oh sorry bad time." I heard and looked over to see Mick Schumacher. "No please, I was just leaving. Thank you again sir." I said. "Call me Toto please." He said and i smiled. I smiled at Mick and walked away. "Was that Nova?" "Yes, she's smart and nice. You should go make friends." "She's terrifying, I'm good."
*
*
*
"So after Monaco we're throwing a party on my yacht, you coming?" Charles asked as we laid on the bed in our room. "Duh. I need to find something to wear but I'll be there." I said. "We'll buy you something while we are there." He said and i nodded. "How was the car?" I asked. "It was good. We should be just as strong as last year." He said. "That's good. But not with me around you won't be as strong." I said with a smirk and he laughed. "I will bet a thousand dollars that you won't beat Max in Bahrain." He said. "I bet I will." I said and he smirked. "Alright, you beat Max ill give you a thousand dollars. You don't you give me a thousand." He said. "Deal." I replied and we shook on it. I'm prolly losing a thousand bucks but oh well. "I heard you were at Mercedes today." He said. "Yeah Toto asked to speak with me. He said Niki would have liked me." I replied. "He would have. You're a force to be reckoned with love." He said and i smiled. "Let's get some sleep." I said and he nodded. Fuck my life. They better figure out the car and fast.
*
*
*
"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the 2025 Formula One season. Pre season testing showed us RedBull is still on top. Ferrari seemed to be having some issues and it was confirmed by driver Nova Daniels so we will see how they stack up against everyone today. Mercedes shooting for the top as well this season." Everyone was running around trying to get in the last minute things for the cars and everything else. "Good luck today." Carlos said. "You as well." I said and he smiled. "Drivers to your cars please." I heard and i nodded. I walked to my car and got in. They placed everything around me that I nodded and made sure I was strapped in properly. "The steering is fixed, the go should be as well. Just give it your best Nova." My engineer said. "Got it." I said and he nodded. The rolled my car out and I started it. "Green light go." I heard and took off from the pit box. "Keep it smooth. One warm up lap and go." I heard and clicked the little button. Fifteen corners, four long straights, nineteen other cars to beat. Let's go. I made it through the first lap and set up for a flying lap. "Alright temperature is good. Let's go." I heard and nodded to myself. Let's go. Corner after corner i made it through as smooth as I possibly could. Each straight pushing the car to it's limits. I rounded corner fifteen and saw the finish line. I crossed the line and I saw purple flash up on my screen. "You beat both RedBull and Mercedes cars. You're on to Q2." I heard and I smiled. Holy shit.
*
*
*
I ran the fastest all the way through qualifying and got Pole. Now fucking reporters. "Nova how are feeling about the car so far?" Someone asked. "We had our issues at the beginning but thankfully the entire team pulled through and fixed not only my car but Carlos's car as well. I feel great about the season for both of us." "There's rumors your contract ends this season. If that's true where do you plan on going or are you staying with Ferrari?" "Yes it's true. My contract was only for two years and this is my second year. If Ferrari keeps up the good work I'd love to stay with them. If no well I'm not sure where I'll go. Not sure if anyone else wants to take on a woman driver." Everyone laughed and i smiled. They moved onto Lewis so i zoned out. My thoughts were filled with Charles and the race. Trying to keep this under wraps is harder than I thought. I just want to tell the world but it could end so badly because of the media. I hate the media. They can fuck off and never return for all I care. "What's going on with you and Charles?" Max asked as he was sat next to me. "Nothing. We're friends Max." I said and he rolled his eyes. "You love him. I can see it when you look at him." He said. "Hou je kop." I said and he laughed. Fucker.