45

ND68:

"It's lights out and away we go here in Saudi Arabia. Daniels with a beautiful start, Piastri right behind her in the McLaren." I knew Oscar would be easy to shake after the first corner and sure as hell I was right. After turn one I started to pull away from him and slowly the papaya orange car was fading into the distance behind me. "Yellow flag sector one. Watch for debris." I heard over my radio. "Copy, what happened?" I asked. "Bottas and Albon hit." I heard and i sighed. "Everyone okay?" I asked. "They are both fine." He said and i clicked my button. By the time we got back around to the corner they hit in everything was fine.
*
*
*
Twenty laps down thirty to go. The strategy was to pit at lap twenty five smack in the middle of the race. The gap i built up was nice but I knew it would be close as I hadn't managed to pull any farther away for the last few laps. Twenty seven corners of pure joy and adrenaline fifty times over. The risk of death never sitting in our heads for longer than a few seconds. If you're scared, you're no longer a racer. You're human. Racers have to have a slight inhumanity to them. The slight inhumanity being fear is not a feeling we feel when we put ourselves in these cars.
*
*
*
"Box box, box box." "Copy." I made my way to the pit lane entrance and slowed down. I pulled in and I was in the air for a mere two seconds and was gone at the three second mark. "Piastri coming up quick along with Verstappen. It's gonna be close." "Copy." I came around the corner of pit lane and I saw that damn orange car coming quick. I gunned it as hard as I could going into the turn and i beat him to it thank god. "Good work. Now go." I clicked my button and took off.
*
*
*
"Coming around the last corner, oh no! Smoke is pouring out of the back of Daniels Ferrari! Can she make it before Leclerc comes around?" Fuck fuck fuck. "What's going on man?" I asked panicked. "Put it to the floor and go. Try to hold onto this." He said. Fucking hell. I put my foot to the floor and the car just barely went. Come on come on. I rolled to the finish line and the second I got past it Charles and Max flew by me. "I can't go. There's nothing. I can't get out of the way." I said and I started unstrapping myself to get the fuck out of the car in the middle of the track. "Get out and run to the side." I heard and I just nodded my head. I got out and ran over to the side where the fans were and they all screamed. I waved and gave a small smile they could prolly only see from the squint of my eyes. I made my way over to the cool down room and they took my weight and i finally got off this damn helmet. "Good job dude." I said and fist bumped Charles . "Thank you." He said smiling. "You as well." I said to Max and he smiled. "We almost had you." He said. "Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades." I said and he rolled his eyes. "But what happened?" Charles asked. I put one finger up as I was chugging my water to tell him one second and he nodded. I finished my bottle and swallowed. "Engine blew up." I said and his eyes widened. "Damn." He said and i shrugged. "It'll be fine by Australia." I said and he nodded.
*
*
*
"And making history every race, first place from the United States of America, Nova Daniels." The guy called out and i walked out to the podium. The crown cheered and I saw my entire team down there along with Carlos. We sprayed our champagne and walked off after that. "See you around." I said and the boys waved. I went over to Ferrari and they all cheered when I walked in. I hugged Carlos and told him he did amazing which he did getting fourth. "He slipped up." He whispered and it took me a second to realize what he meant. "Please Carlos don't tell anyone yet." I begged and he put his hands up in defense. "Not my place to tell anyone. I keep secrets for the whole grid. You're okay." He said and i sighed in relief. "Thank you." I said and he nodded. "Go see your boyfriend. He misses you." He said and i smiled. "I have to change first." I said and he nodded. I walked into my driver room and changed into some jeans and T-shirt.
*
*
*
We got back to the hotel and i flopped onto the bed. "So I'm assuming Carlos told you?" Charles asked. "Yeah he did. It's alright though. I know everyone on the grid won't care. Now Horner and Fréd I'm not sure." I said and he nodded. "Christian prolly won't give a damn." He said. I shrugged and smiled at him. He came over to the edge of the bed and laid down next to me. "It took me so long to get by Oscar dude." He said and I laughed. "You better get that RedBull ass of yours moving." I said and he rolled his eyes at me with a laugh. "You're insufferable." He said and i winked. "But I'm pretty and fast so." I said and he laughed even harder. "You're beautiful." He said and i felt my face go red. "Thank you." I replied and he smiled. "You're handsome." I said. "Thank you." He said with a smile. "You ready for the party our oh so amazing Australian reserve driver is throwing?" I asked. "Of course I am. It's gonna be a blast." He said and i giggled. "Let's get some sleep. I have to do some shit with Netflix tomorrow." I said groaning. "Then let's sleep. Netflix is a bunch of fucks." He said and i giggled. He wasn't wrong. "Goodnight." I said and planted a kiss on his lips. He returned the kiss and then pulled away. "Goodnight." He replied.

IM SORRY GUYS. I'm trying so hard rn y'all I am absolutely stuckkkkkkkkk. I promise you there will be more another chapter by the end of next week. I'm so sorry again for the lag but I hope you enjoyed!