31

ND68:

"How are you feeling after yesterday?" Lance asked. "I'm sore as all hell." I said. Practice went well but qualifying not so much. I tagged the wall and went straight into the opposite side wall. Thankfully my previous lap times saved my ass and I started P5. "You sure you should be in the car then?" He asked. "I'll be fine." I said brushing it off. Yes, I hurt but I wasn't about to let it ruin my weekend. Lance rolled his eyes at me and I just smiled. "I'm heading back to the garage you wanna join me?" I asked. "Yeah sure I have nothing better to do." He said and off we went. I walked into the garage and saw Carlos sitting in the corner. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm good. I'm tired." He said. "Why don't you go take a nap in your room?" I asked. "That bed sucks ass." He said. "Use my room, I put a different mattress in that hoe." I said. "You sure?" He asked. "Yeah go for it." I replied and he smiled. "Feel free to use my driver's room to chill out." He said as he stood up. "Already planned on it." I said with a smile and he chuckled.
*
*
*
"Tu aurais dû la voir. C'était incroyable à regarder." Charles said to Pierre. I wonder what they're talking about. I stayed where I was to be a nosey bitch. "Tu l'aimes n'est-ce pas?" Pierre asked. God, I wish I knew what they were saying. "Pas comme cet homme. Nous sommes amis et c'est tout." Charles said. Ah, I'm done I don't know what the fuck they're saying. "Hey, boys." I said as if I wasn't being nosey two seconds ago. "Chéri bonjour." When Pierre said that Charles's face changed, only for a second but I saw it. "Bonjour." I replied. "You doing okay after that crash?" Pierre asked. "Sore but I'm okay." I said. "Charles, why so quiet?" I asked. "Sorry Aimer, just thinking about the race." He said. "You're good." I said and smiled. "Don't take yourself out again yeah." Pierre said. "No promises." I said laughing and he rolled his eyes.
*
*
*
"It's lights out and away we go here in Mexico City. Verstappen off to a great start, Leclerc not far off, Daniels has a lot of work to do if she wants to catch these boys today." My start was shit, I was late and my car just wasn't going like it normally did. "This fucking thing is a tractor today." I said to myself. Laps ticked away and the car wasn't any better. I just barely got ahead of Fernando when something felt even more off. "Something is wrong with the car." I said turning my radio on. "We see nothing wrong from here. Just keep pushing." I sighed and just shut up. Something is definitely wrong with this car.
*
*
*
Lap forty-nine, all hell started breaking loose. Charles and Max were going at it like school girls over the star quarterback, Lewis and I were going at it but nothing like those two idiots and I had Fernando on my ass just waiting for me to fuck up. "Crash in the second sector, turn 10. Watch for debris." I heard. "Copy that." I said and made my way around the track. I saw two cars off to the side and realized it was Pierre and Oscar. "They okay?" I asked. "They're okay." I heard and I nodded. Thank god. Lap fifty rolled around and into turn one shit hit the fan. I went under Lewis and Fernando found a spot under me. Three wide we went in. I felt my car get hit and then hit another car. My front left locked up after hitting Lewis and I started spinning. I felt something smack the living shit out of my car but I tucked in my arm and close my eyes hoping it would stop soon. My car started to flip and I knew it was gonna be rough. Finally, it came to an abrupt stop when I hit the wall in front of the stands. "Nova, are you okay?" "Nova, do you copy?" "Ugh." I groaned out. Everything hurts. "Officials are on their way just hang in there." "Are they okay?" I grunted out. "Not sure yet you got the worst of it we're worried about you." "Tell them I'm sorry." I said. Once again a big crash because of me trying to make moves. "Hey, are you okay?" I heard from outside my car. I looked over the best I could since my car was stuck on its side between the fence and the tire wall. I saw a green/blue suit and knew it was Fernando. "I think so. Adrenaline is going so I can't feel much right now." I said. "Okay, that's good. They're coming up right now so you'll be out soon." He said. "I'm so sorry." I said. "Querida it's not your fault. I hit you so you hit Lewis. My steering fucked up." He said. "I know that feeling all too well." I said. He nodded and moved out of the way for officials.
*
*
*
Once they got me out of my car I got into the vehicle to take me back to the paddock. I sat down and Lewis was to my left with Fernando across from me. "Hey, are you alright?" Lewis asked as I sat down. "I'll be fine. Are you guys okay?" I asked. "A little sore but I'm alright." Lewis said. "I'm fine. I got the better end of the stick on that one." Fernando said. "You need to go to a medic." Lewis said. "Why?" I asked. "You flipped a fuck ton and then smacked a wall. That's why." He replied. "Good point." I said. My adrenaline was wearing off and I was starting to hurt. My ribs hurt, and so did my ankle and knee. We pulled around and dropped off Fernando at Aston Martin. Ferrari was before Mercedes so they stopped there next. I went to stand up and pain instantly shot through my right leg. I dropped to the floor and Lewis tried to brace my fall. "Woah, okay you need help come on." He said. He got out and stood at the back doors. "Scoot to me. I'll carry you." He said. "No, I'll be okay." I said. "If you think you're too heavy I'm gonna have Charles throw ice water on you. Scoot, now." He said. He wasn't rude about it he was firm on me not walking tho. I sighed in defeat and scooted towards him. "Okay wrap your arms around my neck." He said and I nodded. He put his arm under my left leg and used his hand to keep my right leg still. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he stood up. "Girl you weigh less than my warm-up. This is easy money." He said and I laughed. "Alright, Ferrari or straight to medic?" He asked. "Ferrari, I can have Fréd or someone else help me over there." I said. "Ferrari it is." He said and walked into the garage. "Nova holy shit are you okay?" Frédéric asked. "Right leg is fucked." I said. I don't know how it happened. Prolly when I smacked the wall though. "Here come follow me." He said and Lewis followed him to my driver's room. He laid me down on the couch and stood up. "Thank you, Lewis." I said. "My pleasure. If you need anything just send someone to get me or shoot me a message. Pierre has my number if you need it, I know he crashed out as well so he's around." He said. "Thank you." I replied and he smiled.