44

ND68:

"You're onto Q3 bring it in." I heard over my radio after my flying lap and I clicked my button. I drove around and pulled into the pit lane. "Do that again and you're set." Fréd said when he got next to my car. I nodded and started sipping my water. Minutes later I was being pushed back out and sent to the track for Q3. I went around one time slow and then gunned it for a flying lap. The car was handing the way it should be this time so I was pleased. Twenty seven corners, three point eight three six miles, and a lap record i wanna beat. I flew down the last DRS straight and went into the last turn. As I came around I gave it all I had to the finish/start line. "That's P1 Nova, P1!" Xavi yelled. "Fuck yea!" I yelled with a huge smile. This is my season. I will make history mark my words. "Bring it in." He said and i clicked the button on my steering wheel. I drove around and parked my car in front of the number 1 thingy. I jumped out and I noticed a bright orange tractor in the slot for P2. No fucking way. I walked over and saw the number 81 on the car, It was fucking Oscar. "Holy hell good job dude." I said and he looked up at me from his seat. "Thank you." He said and i knew he had a huge smile under that helmet. Another car rolled in and it was Charles. Where the fuck is Max or Carlos? I got weighed and went into the cool down room before the podium. "Yo where's your husband?" I asked Charles and he just glared at me. "He tagged the wall and it fucked him into P5." He said. "Ah." I replied and just nodded. That seemed out of character for him to hit a wall. "Jos is here so you can imagine how that's gonna go." He added and my blood ran cold with hate. I fucking hate Jos Verstappen. More than I hate my own parents. "I'll be following you to RedBull when this is over." I said and he nodded. "Should I record this?" He asked and I shrugged. "Netflix is gonna have a field day with this so up to you." I replied and he chuckled. Oscar finally walked in and i smiled at him. "I guess that carrot in wheels is pretty fast sometimes huh?" I asked him. "When they get their shit together it's good." He said and i nodded. "I feel it." I said and he sat down.
*
*
*
"I'll be over there in a second." I told Fréd and he nodded. As I walked down to RedBull I saw a girl standing outside uncomfortably. "Kelly what's going on?" Charles asked. Ah it's Max's girlfriend. "Jos." She said simply as she turned around to face Charles. "Oh, hello." She said to me with a smile. "Hello." I said and she smiled. "I'm Kelly." She said sticking her hand out. "Nova." I replied and shook her hand. "May i ask what you're doing down this way?" She asked. "Gonna go out Jos in his place again." I replied and her eyes lit up. "I remember Max saying someone put him in his place last season. I just didn't expect it to be you." She said and i laughed a bit. "It was me." She nodded and i walked into RedBull. "Where is Jos and Max?" I asked aloud and everyone pointed to his driver room. I nodded and walked my happy ass over there and ripped the door open. "Ah my best friend." I said and as they snapped their heads to see when just barged in. "Nova," "Shut up Max." I snapped interrupting him. "Jos please come with me." I said and walked out. "Nu heb je spijt, zak stront!" I heard footsteps and saw Jos coming out. "What you little brat." He said. "Oh so you do speak English." I said and he looked even more irritated now. "Schreeuw tegen je zoon, leg hem neer, of sla hem nog een keer en ik zweer bij God dat ik het laatste zal zijn wat je ooit zult doen. Je bent een droevig excuus voor een vader en een nog erger excuus voor een echtgenoot. Je kon het niet redden in de Formule 1, dus nu leef je via je zoon. Ga verdomme weg en kom niet meer terug." I spoke harshly. I saw Max and Kelly out of the corner of my eye, him telling her what I'm saying. Jos turned a shade of red and I knew it was about to go south. "Wie denk je wel dat je bent om zo tegen mij te praten?" He asked me. "Je ergste nachtmerrie." I said and he straightened his posture. "Tot ziens klootzak." I said with a fake ass smile and i wave. He grunted and left. I walked back over to where Max was and he looked absolutely beaten down. "Kelly, can i steal him for a few minutes?" I asked. "Yes. I'll be here." She said and i smiled. "Thank you. It won't be long." I said and she nodded. "Come on Max." I said and grabbed his arm. We walked back to Ferrari and i ran into my driver room. I grabbed my wallet and pulled out a couple of bills as well as a shirt I thought Kelly would like that I never wore. I ran back out and Max was just standing there. "Max go out and have some fun. Here's some money and here's something for Kelly. Go out go have fun. You did good today don't listen to your father. We are all human we make errors." I said. "Thank you Nov." He replied and i smiled. "I mean it Max. You're on of the best racers we've ever had in the sport and it's an absolute honor to race against you." I said and he seemed to get a little happier. "Thank you. I'll see you around Nova." He said. I gave him a hug and he walked off. I hate that Dutch bastard. He needs to be in prison for life.

I AM SO SORRY GUYS. I have had the worst writers block but I will try to get a few more out this weekend for y'all. Thank you so much for 11k reads. I'm baffled that people truly like this book. I wish you all a great day/night.