47

ND68:

Well let me catch you up a bit first. Australia went great for me with P1, Charles P2 and Carlos P3. Japan Charles beat me by an ass hair so I got P2 behind him and Max behind me. China he absolutely waxed me clean, I got P2 and Max got P3. Now we're in Miami. So now that you're all caught up. Let's get moving.
*
*
*
"P2 Nova P2." Shit. Well I wonder who I'm starting behind this time. I haven't started P2 in a while honestly. "Copy." I said and brought the car around. I pulled around and saw none other than fucking Lando in P1. "Yo how the fuck?" I whispered to myself. I love Lando but how. Whatever. "Good job." I said to Lando once I got out of my car. "Thanks mate." He said and i smiled. Charles was P4 but Carlos was P3. We're having a get together tomorrow night so hopefully all goes well and no one puts it into a wall.
*
*
*
"It's lights out and away we go here in Miami. Norris had a bit of a slow start there but Daniels she's moving up with Leclerc and Sainz right behind. This is the most exciting race we've seen so far this year in the first lap." We all broke away from each other after turn three. I snuck inside Lando into turn one and was able to take off with first place. Carlos and Charles fighting each other for P3 while Lando did his damnedest to pull away from them. Unfortunately for him lap ten came around and Charles made his way past him. "Gap to Leclerc is 5.8 seconds and getting bigger." "Copy."
*
*
*
"Last lap give it all you've got." "Copy." Time to burn some rubber. I let myself push the car to it biggest limit as I no longer worried about tire degradation for the last lap. Charles caught up to me a bit in the last few laps but I wasn't too worried as long as my shit doesn't explode again. Turn 19 finally came around and I saw the checkered flag. I put the pedal to the floor and flew by the checkered flag and saw a blue of Ferrari red on the pit wall cheering. "Beautiful drive Nova. Amazing job." "Thank you guys. Thank you for all the work you all put into making this car do what it's supposed to." I replied and made my way back around. I pulled in and started unstrapping myself. The high of winning was one I'll never get sick of.
*
*
*
We arrived at the restaurant a few hours later and we were all chatting. Max brought Kelly so it was nice to have a girl to talk to in person. "I have to use the restroom." I said and moved my seat. Kelly nodded and got up as well. I don't know why us girls do this. Actually bull shit. We do it to gossip. We made our way through the restaurant and finally made it. "So, are you dating?" Kelly asked as she stood outside the stall. I paused. Shit. Do i lie? Will she tell? "That pause is telling." She said with a giggle. "Don't tell, but yes." I said and she gasped. "It's a secret?" She asked. I laughed and finished doing my thing and opened the door. "Yes it's a secret." I said as I washed my hands. "Who is it? Wait let me guess." She said and paused thinking. "Lando?" "No." "Lewis?" "No." I said amused. "I get five tries that's only a twenty five percent success rate." She replied and i giggled. The she gasped again. "Is it Carlos?" "Oh my god no. He's a wonderful human but no he's my team mate." She sighed and stood thinking very hard. "Oh my god it's Charles." I opened my mouth to say no then my brain processed what she said and I snapped it shut. "Girl no way." She said and I couldn't help but smile. "Oh my gosh who knows?" She asked. "Carlos, and now you." I said and she smiled. "Well whenever you're ready the world is going to eat this up. I mean look at you first woman to successfully make it in formula one with one of the total heart throbs and one of the most talented male drivers together. That's a hell of a title." She said and i smiled. "It's nice to think people will be on our side. I just truly the hope they don't eat me or him alive for it." I said and she gave me a look of sympathy. "How they perceive you doesn't define you." She said and i smiled.
*
*
*
We got back to the hotel and i was dying to get out of this dress. "Charles love, can you unzip this for me?" I asked gesturing to the zipper on the back of my dress. "For you anything." He said and it made my cheeks flush. He walked up being me and I felt his fingers graze my back as he grasped the zipper. His hands were warm. The feeling of his touch like fire but in the most comforting and gentle way. I felt the zipper stop and the bottom and turned to him. "Thank you." I said and he smiled. "You're welcome." He replied. I went to the bathroom and slipped on one of his shirts and a pair of sweats. As I walked out of the bathroom I saw him sat on the edge of the bed watching television with the most gorgeous smile on his face. I stopped to just admire him for a minute. As I watched him, his face change a light up when he found something amusing, the way his eyes sparkled, and that's when I realized I loved him. "I love you Charles." I said and he looked at me. "Please don't make me regret saying that." I added as he just stared at me. As the seconds ticked by which felt like fucking hours, i began to wonder if I should have said anything. Then he stood up from the bed and walked towards me. He stopped in front of me and grabbed my hands in his as he made eye contact. His eyes and face filled with emotion. Then he spoke. "I've loved you since the day I met you."