6

ND68:

We made it back to my hotel and the second we closed the door I popped the bottle. "So how does it feel to not be stuck in the bottom 15 now Charles?" Max asked. "It's nice. I really like the car. Now I just have to figure out how to beat you." He replied. "Well let's not forget Nova over here made it to the podium in a Ferrari in her first race." Max said. "Hey don't talk now. Next race I might blow it. Or Ferrari might blow it." I spoke up. Charles chuckled and so did Max. "Don't talk down on yourself like that. You're a good driver from what I saw today. You're patient and you make good moves. I rewatched your passes before you came over to Redbull. They were amazing." Max said. I smiled and took a sip of my drink. "Thank you." I said. He nodded and went back to talking with Charles. My phone rang and it was Penelope. I grabbed my phone off the counter and walked into the bathroom. "Hey P." I said softly. "Bitch don't "Hey" me you got third!" She hollered. I giggled and she laughed. "I know. I'm kinda in shock about it honestly." I said truthfully. "Girl, why are you so quiet?" She asked. "I'm in the bathroom." "Why?" "Because I have guests." "Bitch who?" "Charles and Max." "EXCUSE?" I yanked my phone away from my ear and sighed. "I was expecting Carlos and Lando, not Charles and Max. They're Redbull boys. How?" She added. "I met Charles at a club with other drivers and hit it off pretty nicely. Max and I get along because we both speak Dutch even though mines is a little rough unless I'm in a panic as we know." "What about Carlos bro? Your teammate." "He's over at Lando's hotel room playing games with Pierre and Daniel." "Ah. Makes sense. Well, I'll let you go. I'll see you in Australia babe." She said. "See you there honey." I said and hung up. I walked out and the boys were looking at me funny. "What?" I asked. "You shit yourself?" Max asked and I busted out laughing. "No man. My friend called to congratulate me. She lives in Australia." I said. "Charles raakte in paniek toen je schat zei." Max said. "Oh mijn god. Hij denkt niet genoeg aan me." I groaned. He chuckled and Charles sat there confused. "You guys are talking about me and I don't know how I feel about it." He said with an eyebrow cocked. "Nothing bad schatje." I said with a smile. He rolled his eyes and plopped backward on the bed. "Do we want music?" I asked walking over to my bag to grab my little speaker. "Yes please." Max said. "What kind of music do you guys like?" I asked. "Ah bless us with your American music Chérie." Charles said. I giggled and turned on the speaker connecting my phone to it. I went onto my Spotify and clicked on my liked list. The second the tune started I got excited. I giggled as I saw the faces of the boys listening to a Morgan Wallen song. I ran over to Charles and Max and then started trying to get them to dance to the music. "Nova wat is dit in vredesnaam." Max asked. "It's called country music my dear Dutch friend." I said laughing. I decided to save them the pain and switched over to a different playlist. "Hey Nova how do you feel about bringing a few more friends over?" Max asked. "No more than six more people and I don't care." I said starting to pour another drink.
*
*
*
Lando, Pierre, Daniel, Carlos, Yuki, and Oscar came over and we started to party since they brought more alcohol. Come and get it started to play and I felt myself being tipsy enough to start dancing truly. Lando, Yuki, Daniel, and Max were dancing so I joined them. As my body moved to the rhythm of the music I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked towards Charles sitting on the edge of the bed with Pierre and it was both of them watching. Both of their eyes followed my every move never looking breaking their gaze. I waved Charles over and he stood up coming over to me. "Let's dance Schatje." I said taking his hand and we danced. His pupils were blown making his eyes almost look black. "Merde, je ne devrais pas penser comme ça." He said softly under his breath. "You know I don't understand you." I said turning my head back towards him. "I'm well aware Chérie." I rolled my eyes and little and he chuckled. As the music continued we danced and drank. Charles the gentleman he was kept his hands to himself and I was very glad. I didn't want to deal with that as I'm not a one-night stand gal.
*
*
*
I woke up with my head pounding. I went to roll over and rolled into something firm. I opened my eyes and saw Charles next to me and Lando next to him. Confused I sit up and look around the room. Pierre was on the couch with Carlos and Yuki and Daniel had made a bed on the floor with towels for pillows. I picked up my phone from the bedside and saw it was 7 am. Oh hell no I don't even leave till tomorrow afternoon for Jeddah. I put my phone under my pillow and laid back down. As I lay there I ended up turning to face Charles as my other side was starting to hurt. I closed my eyes but a minute or so later I felt the bed move so I opened my eyes. It was Charles barely awake. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "You're okay. I was up." I whispered back and he nodded. "Do you know the time Chérie?" He asked. "Not much after 7 am." I said. He shook his head and rolled over to face me. "Why are you up?" He asked. "Just woke up." I said with a shrug. He moved his body a little and opened up his arms. "Come, let's go back to sleep." He said. I thought for a second if I should but the room was cold and my head hurt from the light. Screw it. I scooted towards him and he wrapped his arms around the middle of my back. Before I knew it I had dozed off and was out like a light. So was Charles.