43

ND68:

The flight from Bahrain to Saudi Arabia went well and we finally made it to the track straight from the airport. "See you later. Swing by Redbull when you're done and we will go as soon as I'm done." Charles said as we made it closer to the paddock. "I will." I said and we went our separate ways. I walked into Ferrari and saw Carlos. "Hey, I missed you." I said and hugged him. "I missed you too. We didn't get to talk much in Bahrain." He said. "I know. I was so scared the car was gonna be shit." I said and he laughed. "So was I. But we got this shit this weekend." He said. "Hell yeah we do." I said. "Alright you two let's go." A lady said and we followed. "Carlos nice to see you again. Nova my name is Lillian Davis we spoke on the phone. I'm from Netflix." She said and i nodded. "Nice to meet you." I said. "Likewise. So we're gonna shoot Carlos first so you can watch and then we will do you second." She said and i nodded. "Sounds good." I said. I wore my Ferrari shirt today and thank god I did or else I'd be borrowing one of Carlos's.
*
*
*
"Alright. I want you to look right over here, perfect now when we say action state your name, age, where your from, and the team you drive for." Lillian said. "Got it." I replied and she smiled. "And action." She said. "My name is Nova Daniels I'm 23 years old from Louisville Kentucky United States and I drive for Scuderia Ferrari." I said and smiled at the end. "Perfect. Now I'm just gonna ask questions and you answer." She said and i nodded. "What was it like being a woman trying to make it to the top?" She asked. "It was hard. Not many sponsors wanted to give a female a chance so the fee sponsors i did have I was and am forever grateful for. When i won the Formula Two championship I knew if I just waited and was patient I would get a seat." I replied. "How did you feel when Ferrari contacted you?" She asked. "I was shocked. I expected a seat but I was expecting Haas or Williams, but Ferrari took a chance and I'm so thankful for that." I said.
*
*
*
An hour later I was finally done for the day. "Christ that took so long." I groaned and Carlos laughed. "Well I'm going back to my hotel. I will see you tomorrow for practice." Carlos said and i nodded. "Sounds good. See you." I said and he walked away. I wonder who else is here right now. I started walking around the paddock and i saw very few drivers. "Hey Nova." I heard and looked over to see who it was. The accent proved me right and it was Lewis. "Hey, how are you?" I asked. "Good, and you?" He replied. "I'm alright." I said. "I wanted to tell you something. If you can keep it to yourself that is." He said. "Yeah what's up?" I asked. He got closer to me. "Im retiring next year. You're Mercedes first pick to fill my seat." He whispered. "No shit?" I asked. "Yeah. I wanna settle down and I can't do that being a race car driver." He said and i nodded. "I get it. Well thank you for trusting me with this secret and I will prolly forget in a day so you're good." I said and he laughed. "I figured as much." He said and i rolled my eyes. "Well I have to get going. See you around Daniels." He said and started walked towards the paddock exit. "Later." I said and made my way to RedBull.
*
*
*
"I almost let it slip to Christian." Charles said as he sat down. "I'm sure one of us will slip and it will all be fine. I'm just worried about the media." I said. "So am I." He replied and sighed. "We will figure it out babe." I said and he nodded. "Let's get some sleep before practice." He said and got up to lay down in the proper place. "Sounds good to me." I said and he smiled. "Goodnight." He said once he pulled the covers over himself and got comfy. "Goodnight." I said and he wrapped his arms around me. I would stay like this forever if it were acceptable.
*
*
*
"Alright go for a flying lap then bring it in." I heard over my radio. "Copy." I replied and set up for a fast lap. As I went into turn one the car handled odd but I figured it was just because I hit the rumble strips. The rest of the lap went great until I got to turn 27. I hit the brakes and the didn't engage enough no matter how hard I pressed then the steering went out. "Fuck!" I yelled as my car went hurling into the wall by the stands. The shock of stopping so suddenly shot through my body and i groaned as the air tried to fill my lungs. "Nova are you alright?" "Nova talk to me." "Nova." "Ahh." "Can you hear me?" "Y-yeah." I grumbled out as I felt like I got socked in the chest and couldn't breathe. "Thank god. Medics are on the way just hang in there." "Get Carlos out of that goddamn car. Go through everything when he gets back in. I'll be damned if he." I had to stop to catch my breath. "Nova?" "Im here. If he gets hurt I'll make damn sure you have to look for a new driver next year." I got out and couldn't anymore. "Get me out of here!" I yelled as I heard voices around me. I felt my straps loosen and myself get pulled from the car. "Alright let's get you back." One of them said and i nodded. I got into the van and they drove me back to the paddock.
*
*
*
"Thank you for calling Carlos to be brought in. His car had the same issues as yours did." Carlos's engineer said. "You're welcome. If it happened to one of us it's likely to happen to the other." I said and she smiled. "Nova! Thank god are you alright?" Fréd asked. "Yeah I'm alright. Sorry about the car." I said. "Nonsense. It'll be fixed by qualifying tomorrow as well as Carlos's." He said. "Thank you." I said and he smiled. "See you tomorrow." He said. "See you tomorrow." I replied and went to go find Charles to go back to the hotel.