3

CL16:

As the news of my separation from Ferrari spread like wildfire there was another flame about to be set ablaze. Carlos had texted me a few days ago telling me his new teammate is a woman driver. An American woman. Her name is Nova Daniels and she's from Kentucky. She's a pretty girl. Black and green curls and blue eyes. She was taller around 5'7 more than likely. The news would be broken of a female driver to the media on the day of the car reveal from what Carlos said. On the other hand, Redbull has been amazing to me. Christian has given me nothing but support in trying to get me to feel welcome there. Max and I have gotten along as always. The rivalry we apparently have has all been made up by the media. Christian has made it a personal goal to put some weight on me and has said on numerous occasions "No wonder you can't drive well. They have you thinner than a piece of paper." So my food intake has gone up and so has my gym time. But I know they have my best interest in mind.
*
*
*
A few of the drivers are going out clubbing so I decided to stop being a weirdo and go out into public. I slipped on some black jeans and a dark blue button up then headed out. I knew Carlos and Max would be there. Probably Lando, Daniel, and Pierre as well. The drive was short and I entered the club. I texted Max to see where they were and he replied in the VIP area. I moved my way through people over to the VIP section and found them all. The group i figured it would be it was but there was another person I didn't expect to see. Nova Daniels. "Charles!" Pierre shouted and smiled. I smiled back and sat down next to him. "Hey, man." I said still smiling. "Okay, we all met her so it's your turn. Charles this is Nova Daniels. Nova this is Charles Leclerc." Lando said gesturing between both of us. I stuck my hand out for her to shake and she did. "Nice to meet you." She said. Her accent was strong. You could definitely tell she wasn't from Europe. "Nice to meet you as well." I said smiling. "Alright let's get fucked up now." She said louder than she spoke before and everyone cheered. "I'll go get drinks what does everyone want?" She asked. Everyone started listing off what they wanted but no one offered to help. "I'll come with you to help you out." I said when she looked at me and she nodded. I stood up and followed her to the bar. She ordered everyone's drinks and I ordered mine. They all came out and we took them back over to the table. "Thank you." Everyone said and she smiled. "How much do we owe you?" Max asked pulling his wallet out. "Oh no don't worry about it." She said moving her hands in a stop motion. "Here." He said and slapped a 20-dollar bill into her hand. She pushed it back to him and glared at him. "I said no. I got it. I'm not as rich as you guys but I can afford a round of drinks." She said. He sighed and put the money back in his wallet. The guys snickered and I did as well. She's a fiery little thing. As the alcohol hit we all started to dance. After a while, I noticed Nova was gone. I looked around the immediate vicinity and she wasn't there either. I went back over to the table and there she sat twisting her rings on her hand. I walked over and sat across from her. "You okay?" I asked. "Social battery is a little done, don't take it personally though, please. You guys are all great." She said a little panicked at the end. "Hey, we all have our limits. Don't worry about it." I said with a small smile. "Thank you." She said softly. "Please, go with the rest of them. Go party." She said sitting up straighter. "I'd rather get to know the new rookie." I said and she smiled. "Well, what do you want to know?" She asked. "Where did you grow up?" "Louisville Kentucky." "Are you a first-generation racer?" "Yes." "How long have you been racing?" "15 years." "How old are you?" "21." I smiled and so did she. "Is that all Mr Leclerc?" She asked smirking. "For now yes." I said with a smile. "Can I ask you a personal question?" She asked. "I don't see why not." I replied. "Why did you leave Ferrari?" Yep. Knew that one was coming. "I loved Ferrari but there was no way I was going to win a championship with them. My car was incredibly inconsistent and so were my results due to it. Redbull came to me with an offer and after Abu Dhabi, I made my decision the second I got back to the garage." I said. "I hope Redbull treats you well. If anyone deserves a championship it's you, Charles." She said. I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Would you like to go dance?" I asked. "Are you asking me to dance with you?" She asked. "If I say yes will it better my odds?" I asked smiling. She giggled and nodded her head. "Yes, I would like to go dance." She said and stood up. This time I truly looked at her. She had on a black tank top with light blue jeans and her arms were painted with tattoos. She was stunning not even trying. "Come on Leclerc, let's dance." She said grabbing my hand and pulling me from the seat and out of the VIP area. A song by Rihanna came on and it seemed like she could feel the music in her body. I wasn't the only one whose attention she had caught. Pierre and Daniel noticed her as well. I can't blame them. She looked amazing. Dancing like she didn't have a care in the world. Very different from the girl in the booth ten minutes ago. Her body moved with the rhythm of the music, her eyes were glowing under the lights and a smile was on her face like no other. As the song faded out she came back over towards the rest of us. "Merde, je vais aller en enfer pour les choses que tu me fais penser." I said. "I'll pretend I understand a single thing that you said Schatje." She said with a smile. Max chuckled as he knew what she said. I looked over at him and he just shook his head. The dude won't even tell me what she said.