19

ND68:

After the fiasco with Jos at practice, I made it a point to stay the ever leving hell away from Redbull for the rest of the weekend. "Howdy partner." I heard and turned around to see Logan. "So not even close to how we sound." I said laughing. I was lucky enough to have parents from the south with a deep southern accent so I was gifted that lovely blessing as well. "Miss I'm gonna ride my horse off into the sunset with two pistols on my hips." He said with an idiotic smile. "Shut the hell up." I said laughing. "Nah I'm good I'll piss you off for the rest of your time on the grid." He said. "It's not like you have to worry about me putting you into a wall. You're too fuckin slow." I said and he acted like I shot him in the heart. "I'm wounded." He said putting his hand on his forehead. I laughed at his childishness and went back to putting on my driving shoes. "Has Charles spoken to you?" He asked. "No. I'm not surprised though." I said. Was I sad? Fuck yeah. But if he doesn't want me to be around him I won't be. I'll just do me and he can do him. "I'm sorry." He said. I shrugged and stood up. "Don't be me. Now let's go race." I said and he smiled. "See you after the race." He said and walked back to his team.
*
*
*
"Five laps left keep the pace and you should be good but if you want you can pick it up." I heard. "Copy." I replied. Holy hell I might win. Five laps came and went by fast. I rounded the last corner and saw that checkered flag. Max was on my ass and Lewis was on his. But that's how we finished. "Yes!! Fuck yeah!!" I yelled. "Amazing job Nova. Beautiful race." I heard over the radio. "Oh my god thank you guys so much." I replied. Tears threatening to flow from my eyes I held it together long enough till I parked my car behind the number one spot. I got out of my car and ran over to the barrier where the entire team was. I jumped up and they all grabbed onto me hugging and congratulating me. Carlos finished fourth so I need to make sure to find him after the podium.
*
*
*
"First place here at the British Grand Prix, Nova Daniels." I walked up onto the podium and hugged both Max and Lewis before standing straight. The American anthem played and I couldn't be happier. After Imola, I was a wreck. There was no way I was going to do even halfway good in Spain so they called in the reserve driver, and now here I am on top of the podium. After the anthem, we all popped out the champagne and sprayed each other. I could see Carlos in the crowd and sprayed him as well. Once he noticed he ran off and I laughed. We all walked off and back to our garages. "Good job." I said to Carlos. "Thank you. You did so good." He said and hugged me. "Thank you." I replied. He let go and smiled. Next was Hungary and if I can keep my head on I might be able to pull something out of my ass again.
*
*
*
"How do you feel now that you've won your first GP?" "I feel great. After qualifying I wasn't expecting a whole lot but to come up and get past both of the bulls and Lewis I'm stoked." "Well, congratulations Nova. We hope to see more amazing wins from you in the future." "Thank you. I do too." I said and they walked away. Thank fuck. "Hey." I heard and turned around to see Pierre. "Hey." I replied. "Good job today." He said. "Thank you." I said with a smile. "Are you going back to your hotel?" He asked. "Yeah, I was just about to head back. Why what's up?" I replied. "I'm struggling." He said softly. "With?" I asked. "Racing, sleeping, eating, everything if that's an answer." He said. "Come on. You're staying with me tonight." I said grabbing his wrist and dragging him along with me. "And what is that gonna fix?" "Just shut up and come on." I knew all too well what he felt and it's better to not be alone. Daniel was there for me and it's my turn to be there for someone else.
*
*
*
I ordered shit food that both of our trainers would kill us over and we watched a chick flick. We laughed like idiots and he seemed to brighten up a little. As it ended I noticed he was starting to nod off a bit. I got up and grabbed our containers of food and put them in the little fridge. "What size are you?" I asked. "Um, large I think?" He said but it came out as more of a question. I nodded and walked over to my suitcase pulling out a pair of sweats for him. "Here. They might be a little short but they'll be better than those skinny jeans." I said and handed him the pants. "Thank you." He said and got up to go change. He came back out moments later and laid his clothes on the little table. He laid down in the bed and pulled the covers over him like I already had for myself. "Pierre if you need a hug or something just tell me." I said looking over at him. He looked over at me and slightly nodded. I sat up and leaned over and wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around my mid back and we stayed that way for a while. I wasn't gonna let go till he wanted to. Daniel did this for me many times and it always helped. I just hope it helps Pierre. I noticed his breathing evened out and he fell asleep. I decided to just stay where I was to not wake him and before I knew it, I was out like a light.