9# ᰔᩚ𝙇𝙞𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙧𝙮ᰔᩚ

As the final bell rang, Sunoo made his way to the library. He had agreed to help Ni-ki with his history assignment, despite knowing that Ni-ki didn't care much about academics.
What was he supposed to do otherwise?

Entering the library, Sunoo spotted Ni-ki sitting alone at a secluded table in the back. Ni-ki glanced up, a smirk playing on his lips as he gestured for Sunoo to join him. Sunoo hesitantly took a seat, unsure of what to expect.

Ni-ki opened his notebook, filled with messy notes and half-hearted attempts at the organization. What has Sunoo gotten himself into? "So, I need to write an essay about World War II," Ni-ki stated. That was pretty much the homework that all the students, including Sunoo, had been given as homework

Sunoo nodded, mentally preparing himself for the task at hand. "Sure, let's see what we can do. What aspect of the war do you want to focus on?"

Ni-ki shrugged, a disinterested expression on his face. "I don't really care. Just tell me what I need to write."

Sunoo took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "Alright, let's start with a brief overview of the causes of the war. We can mention the Treaty of Versailles, the economic crisis in Germany, the rise of fascist ideologies, and the geopolitical tensions leading up to the conflict."

As they began discussing the topic, Ni-ki's disinterest became more evident. He occasionally made sarcastic remarks or attempted to steer the conversation towards unrelated matters. Sunoo found it frustrating, but he remained focused on the task at hand, determined to help Ni-ki complete the assignment.

After explaining the main points, Sunoo looked at Ni-ki, expecting some sort of response. Instead, Ni-ki simply shrugged and muttered, "Yeah, whatever. Just write it down."

Sunoo couldn't help but feel disappointed. He had hoped that maybe, just maybe, Ni-ki would show a glimmer of genuine curiosity or gratitude for his assistance. Well, what did he expect?

"Ni-ki, it would be more beneficial if we discussed and brainstormed together. Your input is also important," Sunoo suggested, trying to encourage Ni-ki's participation.

Ni-ki rolled his eyes but reluctantly agreed. "Fine, let's get this over with. What's next?"

Sunoo continued guiding the conversation, providing explanations and insights, while Ni-ki offered sporadic input, often laced with sarcasm or indifference. It was an uphill battle for Sunoo, trying to engage Ni-ki in meaningful discussion and foster a sense of interest in the subject.

After an hour, they finally completed the essay, albeit with minimal effort from Ni-ki's side. Ni-ki closed his notebook, a smirk returning to his face. "I guess this should be enough for today."

"Oh right," Sunoo thought. He totally forgot he wasn't supposed to help Ni-ki for only one hour but for several ones, which would mean they'd have to meet up for some more times.

Sunoo couldn't hide his disappointment, but he mustered a small smile. "Alright. Well, then I hope you'll get a good grade on this.."

Ni-ki shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't care about my grade. If I get a bad one, we'll have to meet up again, right? Wouldn't you like to help me again?" he asked him.

Sunoo, on the other hand, suddenly became as red as a tomato. Did he say something wrong? What was he supposed to answer now?

"T-That's not what I said. I mean, if your grades improve, you wouldn't have to learn so much, and you wouldn't need my help anymore, dont you?"

While Sunoo hoped he didn't say anything wrong, Niki just gave him a teasing look in response.

"So, are we meeting up here tomorrow again?" Sunoo wanted to know. Ni-ki just nodded and then left without saying something else.