44# ᰔᩚ𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙪𝙨ᰔᩚ

Sunoo |

The next day, I woke up feeling utterly exhausted. I had a terrible night's sleep, my mind still overwhelmed with the hurt and confusion from the previous day. But still, I managed to get myself ready and dragged myself to school.

Arriving in the classroom, I felt relieved but also disappointed as I noticed Ni-ki was absent. Part of me hoped he would be there, ready to address the situation, and apologize, but I knew it wouldn't be that easy. I really wondered if his absence was because of me. Did he feel too guilty to face me after what he had said?

I wish that would be the reason, but that's just total nonsense.

As I waited for the lesson to begin, my thoughts drifted back to the hurtful conversation. I tried to push away the memories, knowing that thinking about them would only make me feel worse.

Throughout the day, I couldn't shake off the sense of emptiness. The classroom felt different without Ni-ki's presence. We had been close for so long, and now, everything felt uncertain. I missed his laughter, his silly antics, and even our small arguments over some things.

During lunch break, Jungwon approached me with concern in his eyes. "Hey, Sunoo, are you okay?" he asked softly.

I tried to muster a smile, not wanting to burden him with my problems, but I knew I couldn't hide my emotions from someone who knew me so well.

"I'm trying to be, but it's tough," I admitted. "Everything feels so messed up right now."

Jungwon sat down next to me, offering his support. "I'm very sure Ni-ki will explain his behavior to you. But now, you shouldn't let yourself down because of this. Try to think about something else."

"I know," I replied, my voice heavy with sadness. "It's just... it hurts so much, Jungwon. I trusted him, and he pushed me away without any explanation. I never expected this from him."

"I think he was trying to protect himself," Jungwon said gently. "He's scared of his own feelings, and he didn't know how to handle them, so he lashed out."

"It doesn't make it hurt any less," I sighed, feeling emotionally drained.

"You're right," Jungwon agreed. "Right now, both of you need some time and space to figure things out. Maybe with time and some open communication, you'll be able to work things out."

୧ ‧₊˚ 🍓 ⋅ ☆

Jungwon and I walked to the cafeteria together, and as we approached the table, Jay, Sunghoon, Jake, and Heeseung were sitting there already.

I could see the concern written all over their faces. I managed a weak smile, but my friends could tell that something was wrong.

Sunghoon was the first to speak up, asking, "Sunoo, are you okay?"

I sighed and shook my head slightly. "Not really, but I'll be fine," I replied.

Heeseung gave me a reassuring pat on the back. "We're here for you. If you want to talk about anything, we're all ears."

I appreciated their support, but at that moment, I didn't have the strength to talk about what had happened. My emotions were still too raw, and I feared breaking down in front of them.

During the break, nobody said anything, and an awkward silence hung over the table. I could tell that my friends were trying give me space, but I also knew they were worried about me.

Jungwon tried to lighten the mood by telling a joke, but it only elicited a weak smile from me. Heeseung and Jake joined in, sharing their own funny stories, attempting to distract me from my thoughts. I appreciated their efforts, but my mind kept drifting back to Ni-ki.