42# ᰔᩚ𝙍𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝ᰔᩚ

Ni-ki shrugged indifferently. "Suit yourself, Sunoo. I never needed you anyway," he said, his words like a final blow.

Sunoo |

I still couldn't tell if this was some kind of sick joke or if he genuinely meant to hurt me. It was as if the person I thought I knew had disappeared, leaving behind a heartless stranger.

My mind was racing with confusion and hurt. I had trusted Ni-ki, and now I felt like a fool for letting my guard down. Jake's warning about Ni-ki had been right all along, and I regretted not heeding his advice.

The silence between us was heavy, and it only intensified the pain I was feeling. I wanted answers, an explanation for why Ni-ki would want to hurt me like this, but he seemed unwilling to provide one.

After what felt like an eternity, Ni-ki
turned away and walked away without saying another word. It was as if he didn't care about the hurt he had caused or the mess he had left behind.

As I sat there on the bench, tears welled up in my eyes. I had cared for Ni-ki deeply, and now it seemed like everything we had shared was nothing but a lie.

As I walked home, my heart weighed heavy with the pain of Ni-ki's betrayal. I couldn't believe that someone I had cared for so deeply could be so heartless and cold. The tears streamed down my cheeks, and I felt lost and broken.

In my despair, I decided to call Jungwon. Despite my attempts to hold back my emotions, he immediately noticed that something was wrong. His voice filled with concern, he asked,

"Sunoo, what's going on? Why are you crying?"

I tried to speak, but the words caught in my throat, and I could only manage choked sobs. Jungwon was patient, waiting for me to find the strength to explain what had happened.

Finally, I managed to calm down slightly and spoke between my tears.

"It's Ni-ki. He... he told me the truth, Jungwon. He wanted to hurt me all along," I managed to say, my voice trembling.

Jungwon's voice softened, understanding the pain I was going through.

"What? Are you sure you didn't understand something wrong? I can't believe he would do something like that," he said, his concern evident.

"It hurts, Jungwon. I trusted him, and he played with my feelings like they meant nothing," I said, my voice filled with anguish.

"I'll come over right away," Jungwon said firmly. "You don't have to go through this alone."

I appreciated Jungwon's support more than anything at that moment. The weight of the betrayal was crushing, but knowing that my friend was there for me provided some comfort.

I went home, waiting for Jungwon to come over, my mind still racing with lots of unanswered questions.

When Jungwon arrived at my house, we went to my room as he wrapped me in a warm embrace, letting me cry it out. He didn't press me for details, allowing me to talk when I was ready.

After a while, I found the strength to recount what had happened with Ni-ki. I told Jungwon about Yuna's recording and how Ni-ki had confirmed his cruel intentions, never once showing remorse for his actions.