32# ᰔᩚ𝙎𝙩𝙪𝙙𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣ᰔᩚ

Ni-ki |

The next day arrived, and I found myself sitting at my desk, textbooks open, attempting to get something in my head.The numbers seemed to mock me, dancing across the page, as if daring me to make sense of them.

It was obvious that I needed help, but I wanted to give it a try before Jake arrived. I couldn't believe I was really doing this.

As I struggled through the problems, I didn't notice Jay entering the room. He glanced at me, his eyebrows raised in surprise, clearly taken aback by the sight of me diligently studying.

He walked over, a playful grin tugging at his lips. "Well, well, well, what do we have here? Ni-ki, the master of laid-back attitude, learning for a test? Seriously, who are you trying to impress with that?" Jay teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I attempted to play it off, not wanting to reveal my true intentions. "I'm not doing this for anyone you idiot. I'm just.. bored, you know?" I replied nonchalantly, hoping Jay wouldn't press any further.

Jay arched an eyebrow, clearly skeptical of my response. However, he decided to let it go for now, not wanting to push me too much. "Alright, if you say so, Mr. Study-Mode. Just remember, if you need any help, I'm always here," he said with a smile before leaving the room. I would never ask Jay to help me with math. His way of teaching something is just.. different.

As soon as he was gone, I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding. If Jay found out about my plan, he'd probably kill me right away and tell me how sad Sunoo would be and how I would just use his trust and blah blah blah.

Moments later, a knock on the door signaled Jake's arrival. I welcomed him inside, grateful for his willingness to help me with this daunting subject.

Jake plopped down next to me, and we dove headfirst into the world of numbers and equations. He tried to explain stuff in a way that even my brain could kinda get. I gotta admit, he made math seem... well, almost not terrible.

But even with Jake's patient explanations and his attempts to make math less of a brain-buster, it was like my brain was not working at all. It was frustrating for both of us

He was trying his best ro help me, and it was clear that even he was getting pretty annoyed with the whole math mess.

"I just don't get it, Jake," I sighed, my voice tinged with defeat. "No matter how hard I try, I can't do it. It's like my brain refuses to cooperate. I don't know what I'm doing this for."

Jake leaned back, running a hand through his hair in contemplation. "Well, now that you're saying it - I also don't know what you're doing this for. I mean, learning itself- nothing special. But I've never ever seen you even reading a book. So, why do you suddenly do this?"

I sighed, knowing I had to tell him about it again. "Remember the plan I told you about? When we were talking in the hallways?"

It took Jake a second, but then he realized.

"Seriously? You're still on this shit. Why??"

"What did you expect?"

"You guys are so cute together. I actually thought you guys were actually together already, beside that pretending thing. Wait- does that mean you.. don't like him? Man, I thought you were really in love with him.

Jake thought I was really into Sunoo? Why'd
he think that? I would never like him. Okay, I might be a lot nicer to him than I was before but, how would I get him to like me if I'm not being affectionate to him?

"Jake, this is just for my plan," I assured him.

But he, he just shook his head.
"No, Ni-ki. This is not just for your stupid little plan. I see it. The way how you look or talk with him. You do like him you just don't want to admit it."