40# ᰔᩚ𝙀𝙭𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨ᰔᩚ

Ni-ki |

The next day at school, as I walked into the classroom, my eyes automatically scanned the room, searching for Sunoo. And there he was, engaged in conversation with Jungwon, a smile lighting up his face.

I took my seat at my table, trying to focus on the lesson that was about to begin, but my mind kept drifting back to the kiss, to the emotions that refused to fade away.

After the break, Jay and I were the first ones to sit at our usual cafeteria table. Jay looked at me and asked if I was okay. I managed a small smile and reassured him that I was fine, not wanting to burden him with the weight of my own conflicting emotions.

As the rest of our friends joined us at the table, including Sunoo, I noticed the subtle tension in the air. It felt as if we were both aware of each other's presence, trying not to look in the other's eyes. But neither of us made a move to address what had happened between us.

I tried my best to engage in the conversations, to laugh and participate, but there was a part of me that felt distant. I couldn't shake off the knowledge that I was ignoring the one person who had come to mean so much to me.

On one hand, I wanted to reach out to him, to share my thoughts that consumed me. But on the other hand, I knew that it would only complicate things further.

Sunoo |

As I sat at the cafeteria table, surrounded by our friends, I noticed a change in Ni-ki's demeanor. His usual vibrant energy seemed subdued, replaced by a hint of distance. It tugged at my heart, and a small pang of sadness washed over me.

Was Ni-ki intentionally keeping his distance from me? Did our kiss make him uncomfortable? Does he hate me now?

Questions swirled in my mind, but I hesitated to confront him directly. I didn't want to push him away or make him feel pressured to share his thoughts if he wasn't ready.

A part of me wanted to bridge the growing gap, to reach out and ask Ni-ki what was on his mind. But another part of me feared that prying too much might push him further away. I didn't want to jeopardize our friendship or add any unnecessary pressure to an already delicate situation.

Throughout the day, we didn't exchange any words and we both didn't dare to look at each other.

Instead, I tried my best to respect Ni-ki's need for space, reminding myself that everyone processes their emotions differently. Perhaps he needed time to sort through his thoughts and feelings, just as I did.

I couldn't help but wonder when we'd talk to each other normally again.

Jay |

As the school day came to an end, I walked home with Ni-ki, unable to ignore the fact that he seemed lost in his own thoughts. It worried me to see him like this.

Arriving at our apartment, I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was off between Ni-ki and Sunoo. I haven't seen them interacting throughout the day, and it left me feeling a bit uneasy. I wanted to understand what was happening, so I decided to reach out to Jungwon for some insight.

Sitting on my bed, I texted Jungwon, asking if he knew anything about why Sunoo and Ni-ki were acting so awkwardly towards each other. The response I received caught me completely off guard.

Jungwon seemed surprised by my question and asked if Ni-ki hadn't told me anything. Confused, I replied that I had no idea what he was talking about. And then, in a single message, Jungwon spilled the tea.

He told me about the kiss between Ni-ki and Sunoo, and my mind couldn't process the information fast enough. They kissed? When and Where? How could Ni-ki not have mentioned this to me?