50# ᰔᩚ𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨ᰔᩚ

Excitement filled the air as the students prepared for their visit to the shelter. However, there was one aspect that dampened their spirits a bit - the hour-long walk under the scorching sun.

As they made their way to the shelter, the group chatted and laughed, trying to distract themselves from the heat. They shared stories of their expectations for the visit and speculated on how the shelter might look and feel.

With every step they took, the weather seemed to get warmer, but as they approached the shelter, they noticed a change in the atmosphere. The air seemed to get cooler, and for a moment, the relief from the heat was refreshing.

But as they stepped through the doors of the shelter, the coolness became more pronounced. The students exchanged glances, unsure of what was causing the sudden drop in temperature. Sunoo felt a chill run down his spine, and he rubbed his arms to ward off the cold.

The shelter was much colder than they had expected. It was as if they had walked into a different world altogether. The residents of the shelter greeted them warmly, but Sunoo found it increasingly difficult to concentrate on the conversation. The cold seemed to seep into his bones, and he shivered involuntarily.

He tried to shake it off, but however, as time passed, the cold intensified, and it began to affect him even more. The others didn't seem to notice the chill, which only added to Sunoo's confusion.

Concerned, Ni-ki placed a hand on Sunoo's shoulder. "Are you alright? You look pale," he asked with genuine worry in his eyes.

Sunoo tried to muster a smile. "I'm fine, just feeling a bit cold. Maybe I caught a chill from the sudden change in temperature."

Ni-ki nodded, but he didn't seem entirely convinced. "Let's find a place for you to sit down and warm up," he suggested, guiding Sunoo to a corner of the shelter where it was a bit quieter.

As Sunoo sat down, he wrapped his arms around himself, trying to preserve what little warmth he had left.

Just then, one of the shelter's staff said something.

"I apologize for the temperature inside," she said with a knowing smile. "We have a unique cooling system that keeps the shelter at a comfortable level during the hot days. I suppose it might feel a bit too cold for some visitors."

Sunoo |

The shelter turned out to be nothing like I had expected. The interior was a stark contrast to the scorching heat outside - bunk beds lined the walls, and the shelter stretched out for an astonishing 17 kilometers!

The most fascinating aspect was the length of the shelter. It was hard to believe that people had been living in this confined space. As we explored further, we learned about how the inhabitants lived there a long time ago and which challenges that had to face every day.

When we finally stepped back outside, the sudden surge of heat was almost overwhelming.

It was as if I had transformed into a frozen fish that had just been taken out of the freezer!

୧ ‧₊˚ 🍓 ⋅ ☆

After our insightful visit, it was time to bid farewell and head back home. We returned to our rooms to pack our belongings.

As we made our way to the bus, I noticed a change in the seating arrangement. Jay and Jungwon had taken seats next to each other this time, while Ni-ki and I settled into the seats behind them.

Ni-ki noticed my tiredness and kindly offered his shoulder as a pillow. I accepted his offer with a small smile, resting my head against his shoulder.

Closing my eyes, I let myself drift into a light sleep. Ni-ki's presence offered a sense of comfort, and I found solace in the warmth that radiated from his shoulder.