20# ᰔᩚ𝙐𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜ᰔᩚ

Sunoo |

As I arrived home, I found myself lost in
thought. I remembered that Ni-ki had mentioned that he wanted to text me when he had time to learn for history, but a realization struck me. We had never exchanged phone numbers. How did he plan on contacting me?

Pondering over this puzzle, I decided to reach out to Jungwon for some advice. He was usually the one to turn to when I had questions or needed guidance.

I picked up my phone and dialed Jungwon's number, waiting for him to answer. After a few rings, his voice came through the line.

"Hey, Sunoo! What's up?"

"Hey, Jungwon. I need to ask you something. It's about Ni-ki."

Jungwon's curiosity piqued, and he responded, "Sure, what's wrong?"

I explained the situation to him, detailing how Ni-ki had mentioned wanting to learn for history but that we had never exchanged phone numbers.

"Hmm, that's strange," Jungwon mused. "But I think I might have a solution for you. You know I have Jay's number. I can ask him if he'd be willing to share it with you."

"That would be great, thank you."

"No problem, Sunoo. I'll talk to Jay and let you know what he says. Hang tight, okay?"

We exchanged a few more words before ending the call, leaving me to wait in anticipation for Jungwon's response. How Ni-ki would react when I reached out to him. Would he be receptive to my request for help?

Minutes went by, and Jungwon finally got back to me with good news. Jay had agreed to share Ni-ki's phone number, understanding the situation, and wanting to help us resolve any misunderstandings. I expressed my gratitude to Jungwon and received Ni-ki's number.

With a deep breath, I composed a message to Ni-ki, trying to strike a balance between casual and sincere.

Sunoo
Hey, Ni-ki. It's Sunoo.
I got your number from Jay.
You said you'd text me because of history, remember ?
Well, since you don't have my number, I decided to text you :)

Pressing the send button, I couldn't help but feel a mix of nervousness and hope. I wondered how Ni-ki would respond and especially when.. some people just don't feel the next to respond to a message. I have experience.

Hours later, and still no response.
Just when I had started to lose hope, my phone buzzed with a new notification. It was a message from Ni-ki. My heart skipped a beat as I opened the conversation and read his reply.

Sunoo
Hey, Ni-ki. It's Sunoo
I got your number from Jay
You said you'd text me because of history, remember ?
Well, since you don't have my number, I decided to text you :)

Ni-ki
Tomorrow
After school
In the library

I stared at Ni-ki's short and seemingly cold message, feeling a twinge of disappointment mixed with familiarity. It wasn't the warm and friendly response I had hoped for, but it wasn't entirely unexpected either.

Despite the brevity of his message, I focused on the fact that he had responded and set up a meeting. Tomorrow, after school, in the library. It wasn't exactly a warm invitation, but it was progress nonetheless. At least he was willing to meet and learn for history, as he had mentioned before.

With a sigh, I decided not to dwell too much on the tone of his message. Instead, I shifted my focus to the upcoming meeting. I knew I had to prepare myself mentally for Ni-ki's reserved nature and not let it affect me too much. It was important to stay positive and make the most of the opportunity he had offered.