30# ᰔᩚ𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙧𝙨ᰔᩚ

Sunoo |

The same day, I picked up my phone and opened the messaging app as I typed out a message to both Jungwon and Sunghoon.

I have the feeling that the three of us hadn't done anything together since the beginning of the new school year. And this had to change.

Sunoo
Hey guys! I think It's been a while since the three of us hung out together
How about we plan something for today?

Wonnie 🐑
Do I look like I have something else to do?

I smiled at his reply, knowing that Jungwon was always up for spending time together. However, I noticed that Sunghoon hadn't responded yet. After a few minutes of waiting, his reply finally appeared on my screen.

Ice prince ❄️ 
Sorry, guys
I have a lot of studying to do this weekend.
Maybe next time.

I felt a sense of disappointment wash over me. Sunghoon's excuse seemed too convenient, especially since it was unlike him to turn down an opportunity to hang out with us.

I immediately texted only Jungwon. We both suspected that Sunghoon's excuse was merely a cover-up for something else.

Sunoo
I understand that school is important, but it's unusual for you to decline our invitation so quickly.
Is everything alright?

I

Ice prince ❄️
N

o, really, it's just a lot of studying.

I need to focus on my grades right now.

The moment I read his message, Jungwon also texted me again.

Wonnie 🐑
Do you think he's hiding something?
It doesn't seem like him to brush us off like this.

Sunoo
I agree.
Sunghoon is usually more open with us.
I have a feeling there's something he's not telling us :(

Jungwon
Well, if that emo kid won't tell us what's going on, maybe we should find out for ourselves.
We can go to our usual hangout spot and see if he shows up there

Sunoo
Kk, let's do that

Jungwon and I quickly made our arrangements, deciding to meet up at our favorite coffee shop later in the afternoon.

As the time for our meeting approached,
I wondered if something was troubling Sunghoon and if there was anything I could do to help. Our friendship meant a lot to me, and I wanted him to know that he could always rely on us.

Jungwon and I arrived at the coffee shop, scanning the familiar surroundings for any sign of Sunghoon. We found an empty table and settled in, ordering our drinks as we waited for him to arrive.

Minutes turned into what felt like an eternity, and just as we were about to give up hope, I spotted Jake entering the coffee shop. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw Jungwon and me.

Jake approached our table with a warm smile, clearly happy to see us. "Hey, Sunoo and Jungwon! What are you guys doing here?"

I returned his smile and motioned for him to take a seat. "We just wanted to hang out, catch up, you know."

Jungwon chimed in, curiosity glinting in his eyes. "By the way, Jake, are you waiting for someone? We noticed you kept looking over at the door."

Jake's smile faltered for a moment, but he quickly regained his composure. "Oh, uh, yeah. I'm actually waiting for Sunghoon. We had plans to meet up here."