45# ᰔᩚ𝙐𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙚𝙨ᰔᩚ

Ni-ki |

As I sat there, Jay and Jake's concerned expressions mirrored the turmoil inside me. But before I could respond, two girls from another class approached our table.

"Ni-ki, is everything okay with you?" one of the girls asked, her eyes filled with worry.

"I'm okay," I replied, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. "Just dealing with some personal stuff right now, but it'll pass."

The other girl leaned in, her voice filled with curiosity. "Is it true that something happened between you and Sunoo? We heard a rumor that you guys had a fight."

I felt a surge of frustration and anger at the mention of the rumor. I didn't want our private issues to become gossip for everyone to speculate about. But I couldn't blame them entirely, as I knew rumors spread like wildfire in school.

"It's none of your business," I said sharply, trying to shut down the conversation. "And you shouldn't believe everything you hear."

The girls looked taken aback by my cold response, and I saw a hint of disappointment in their eyes. As they walked away, I couldn't help but overhear them whispering, "So, it's true."

My heart sank, knowing that our situation had become fodder for gossip. I didn't want people to judge Sunoo or me based on rumors.

Jay and Jake exchanged glances, sensing my frustration. "Ni-ki, it's okay," Jay reassured me. "Rumors come and go, but what matters is how you handle the situation with Sunoo."

"I know, but it's just... I don't want everyone talking about us," I sighed, feeling the weight of the situation press down on me.

"Don't worry. In a few days, they will have forgotten about that," Jake tried to cheer me up.

Sunoo |

I kept trying to focus on my lunch, but my gaze kept drifting over to Ni-ki's table involuntarily. I didn't want to be fixated on him, but it was like a magnetic pull, drawing my attention despite my efforts to avoid it.

Jungwon and Sunghoon noticed my distraction but didn't say anything. They knew I needed some space to process everything that had happened. Yet, I also knew that they wanted to sit with Jake and Jay, who were our close friends too. Jake was even Sunghoon's boyfriend!

I hesitated for a moment before finally speaking up, "You guys can go sit with Jake and Jay if you want. I'll be okay on my own for a while."

Sunghoon shook his head, a determined expression on his face. "No way, Sunoo. We're here for you, and we're not leaving you alone when you're feeling like this."

Jungwon nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we're sticking together, no matter what."

Their support touched my heart, and I felt grateful for having friends who cared so deeply. Even amidst my pain and confusion, their presence provided some comfort.

I managed a small smile. "Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it."

As the lunch break continued, I tried my best to engage in the conversation with my friends, but my mind kept drifting back to Ni-ki. I wondered if he was feeling as torn and regretful as I was.

After some time, I noticed a group of friends sitting at a table behind us, engaged in a hushed conversation. Their glances kept darting towards Ni-ki and me, and I could tell they were discussing our situation. It made me feel uncomfortable and frustrated, knowing that our private matters had become a topic of gossip for others.

Unable to contain my irritation any longer, I turned around to face them, my voice firm with anger.

"Hey, why don't you all mind your own business, huh?" I said, my tone cutting through the noise in the cafeteria.