Chapter 20 - Healing

𝗡𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗷𝗮𝗵 𝗣𝗢𝗩

"How did this happen?" I asked Taylin as Dejah cleaned up her wound. She had a deep slice on her side.

She shrugged. " I got into it with my dad. Nun new."

"Is that where that cut on your cheek came from that one time?" She nodded.

I sighed. Dejah finished off her bandages and was properly cleaning up around her area.

" Thanks."

" I can see i'm going to get a lot of practice on you with my degree." Dejah rolled her eyes.

It grew silent for a moment until I spoke. " Why didn't you tell me?"

" Yeah cause it's normal to tell your girlfriend they in a fucked up family gang." She said sarcastically brushing me off and heading towards the door.

" So what? You're just going to come in here bleeding with gifts and then fucking leave?!" I followed her.

She sighed and turned towards me. "Would you like to come with me?"

" How did you even get in here?" I was so confused on how she comes and goes as she pleases on campus and doesn't even go here.

" Let's just say-"

" Bruh no Taylin. Ain't no more  'Lets just say'. Tell me every fucking thing now. I'm tired of this bullshit!"

She sighed again but this time deeper. As in defeat. " If you come with me... I'll tell you everything else you want to know."

" Taylin, I don't have time-"

She came closer to me. " I promise." She made intense eye contact with me then rested her head on mine since she was taller than me. We stood like that for a couple seconds.

God I've missed her. Her scent itself was just breathtaking. Even after everything that happened over the last few days... I knew I could be safe with her. That might sound delusional but she would have never let anything happen to me purposely. And my stubborn ass is at fault too for going outside as a woman alone at 2 in the morning. Cause that was smart.

She gently pulled me in for a very soft kiss. " Please?" She whispered.

I looked back at Dejah who had just walked back in the room and seemed to had been standing there for a few seconds.

" Girl go and be safe! Taylin if you don't come back with her this time imma do wayyyyy more than just that cut on your side."

" I gotchu, yes ma'am." She held her hands in the air.

——

" What are we doing? It's coldd." I whined. She took me to a different building and was walking me up the back stairs towards outside.

" We almost there love." We approached a door which she had the key for and lead to a rooftop. She took off her high quality hoodie and gave it to me. It was warm and smelled just like her. She grabbed my hand and walked me to the other side of rooftop where we was high up enough to see the city all around. It was so pretty and peaceful.