Chapter 29 - In motion

𝗡𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗷𝗮𝗵 𝗣𝗢𝗩

𝗡𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗷𝗮𝗵 𝗣𝗢𝗩

My alarm went off at exactly 6:30am and I groaned at the sound of the constant ringing noise. Stil not a morning person.

I aggressively hit the snooze button and started to doze off back to sleep.

𝗠𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

" Bitch get yo ass up." Dejah busted in ripping the covers off of me.

" Dude stop damn! Play to fucking much." I yelled aggravated.

" Aight then. You the one that's gonna be late for your first day of work."

" Oh shit! That's today?!" I popped up.

" Yes Nilajah. Nigga you the one that told me that."

I jumped out the bed and hurried to get in the shower.

After getting myself ready and dressed plus breakfast, I was out the door by 7:30. Thankfully making it on time by 7:53.

" Good morning!" An older white woman greeted me as I walked in. " Nilajah, isn't it?"

" Yes! Hi, Good morning." I responded sweetly.

" I'm Linda the manager. We talked over the phone."

" I remember! Nice to meet you." We shook hands.

" Great! So today is mostly training. Showing you where everything is and how the machines work. That's why you're only scheduled for 4 hours and it's just us but your first 8hr shift is tomorrow and you'll be working with Alissa and Julian. You will be paid for today, your pay starts at $18 per hour. Then I'm going to have you watch some training videos on safety and all that boring crap." She smiled.

I nodded in agreement and we went on for more 'training'.
———

It went by pretty fast actually. I watched some videos, She taught me how to properly cut the fruit, How to make the specialty drinks, the machines, cleaning and safety if accidents were to happen then I got my uniform shirts. Before I knew it, I was walking out to head back home and met up with Dejah and Levon. Linda seems like a really nice lady, she's doesn't seem like a strict boss. She told me how her grandmother built this place and she's the 3rd generation owning it.

I finally got home and quickly got ready so we could go see if our plan would work.

Dejah came out dressed in all black and ski mask on.