𝟏𝟏𝟖

"𝙰𝚝 𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙸 𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘴' 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥

     "GOOD MORNING," Noah chimes as she walks into the kitchen. She sees Emily standing at the counter, reading something on her phone. The teen grins because Emily is holding her phone so close to her face. Now she knows what they mean when parents say teens are glued to their phones.

"Morning," Emily replies but looks up from her phone as she registers Noah's tone. "You sound really happy. How was the dance last night?"

"It was fun," Noah says. "I left a little early and went to Antonio's with Brittany, Clay, and my...girlfriend."

"What?!" Emily exclaims.

"Yeah," Noah shrugs, making it seem casual.

"Tell me everything," Emily pleads.

"I asked if it was okay to call her that," Noah replies. "She said yes and now that's what we call each other. Please don't make a big deal about it. You know I hate all that mushy stuff."

"Even though it's a big deal, I won't make it sound like it is," Emily giggles.

Noah goes to open her mouth, but Emily's phone rings. The mother picks up the call and nods along. She eventually says goodbye and hangs up, sending Noah an expression that she knows all too well.

"Go ahead," Noah says. "But can you drop me off at Liv's?"

"Sure," Emily agrees and downs the last of her coffee. She puts the mug in the washer while Noah runs upstairs to get changed.

Noah rushes to her closet and picks up a pair of jeans off the floor, sliding them on. She takes off her pajama shirt and scans her shirts on the rack, looking for a specific one. She pulls a white long-sleeve shirt off the hanger and over her head of wet hair, straightening it out before throwing a colorful fleece jacket over it. Lastly, she slips on her white Converse and quickly laces them up as she walks out of the room.

Noah runs down the staircase, grabbing her skateboard that is leaning against the wall next to the front door

Noah runs down the staircase, grabbing her skateboard that is leaning against the wall next to the front door. She pulls the door open, letting the cold air hit her face. Emily is right behind her to close the door and lock it.

The mother and daughter make their way to Liv's house. Noah talks to Emily about the dance, and it surprises Emily how much Noah seems to like it. She would have thought Noah would hate that type of event, but she sounds like she had the time of her life. And the mother knows that it is because of Jess.

"Get someone to drive you to the BAU, okay?" Emily says as she pulls up to the house.

"Thanks, Em, I will!" Noah chimes as she opens the door. "Love you!"