𝟏𝟏𝟓

"𝙱𝚊𝚍 𝙻𝚞𝚌𝚔"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭

"C'MON, MUNCHKIN!" Penelope exclaims as she pulls on Noah's hand. "We must get to the store before all the crazy high school girls!"

"P, it's just a school dance and not even prom at that," Noah says with a smile.

"I just want you to have as many options as possible," The blonde beams as they walk into the first store. "Now, tell me, what colors are you looking for?"

"Probably black," Noah replies.

"You always wear black," Penelope groans. "What about some color? Pink? Yellow?"

"I hate pink. And yellow will make me look terrible," Noah tells her. "I like red, I guess."

"I can work with red," Penelope says as if she has been given a mission. She looks around for a second and rushes off to a corner of the store, leaving Noah to look for herself.

The teen does not find much luck and they eventually walk out of the store empty-handed. Noah would not even try on any of the dresses Penelope picked out. The two move on to different stores, but come out of each with less hope and a bigger trudge in their steps. Penelope becomes concerned that Noah is becoming irritated. Nothing seems to be working. Too frilly, too tight, too bright, too emo, too this, too that. Noah has been going back and forth on dresses all day.

"What store should we check next?" Penelope asks as she bites into her pretzel.

"I don't even know," Noah groans as she slumps in her chair. She sets her pretzel down and looks around at some of the shops.

The teen notices a group of girls walking into one of the department stores, most likely in the same position as her. Except it will probably be easier for them. They will all find dresses that are perfect for them and fit just how they are supposed to. Penelope kept claiming that all the dresses fit Noah really well, but the teen felt her skin crawl when she would put them on.

"I have an idea," Noah suggests with a hesitant smile.

"Lead the way, munchkin," Penelope chimes and stands to let Noah take control.

Noah makes her way through the mall and stops in front of a store that she usually goes into with Emily. She walks in and heads straight for a specific section. She looks around and finds a few options that she can try on. She eventually finds Penelope, who is looking at dresses in a different section. Noah shakes her head and holds up her arms.

"Ready to see?"

Penelope sits outside of the dressing room and sees the door crack open. Noah steps out and Penelope cannot help but let out a gasp at the sight of her. The teen stands in front of the mirror at the end of the dressing room hallway and does a 360.

"Munchkin," Penelope pouts. "It's the most perfect thing I've ever seen on you."

Noah shows a wide smile as she looks at her reflection. The black pantsuit looks sleek and fits her frame perfectly. She likes that it shows she has curves and feminine features, but gives her more of a tough look. Penelope notices that the teen shows a look that none of the dresses brought to her face: comfort.

Noah's aura shines a little brighter in the suit. Her comfort alone makes the outfit suit her more than anything she has tried on all day. It brings tears to Penelope's eyes to watch the teen come alive and feel beautiful. She wishes Emily was here to see the glimmer in Noah's eyes. It would mean so much to her.

"What do you think?" Noah asks as she turns to face the blonde.

"It's great!" Penelope chimes. "I like it, but you said you wanted to match Jess, right?"