chapter 38

Armaan returned home in the evening and frowned not seeing his baby in the hall today with rest of the family .
Where is that naughty boy. He is not here today to welcome me like usual ....he asked chuckling a bit looking here and there .
How will he be here today when he is injured . Devki said with slight edge in her tone making Sushma sigh .
What??? How that happened??? Armaan asked but taken back by this sudden information.
Sushma told him everything and he was angry would be an understatement. He rushed upstairs and sushma followed him knowing his temper issues. Before he could enter his room she stopped him holding his hand .
He looked at his mother with a frown . He was shaking in anger at Ayesha's sheer carelessness. He had warned her before too about it but she had again done the same thing .
Armaan I know you are angry but listen to me once before you do something wrong in fit of anger . Sushma said dragging him to the corridor.
What is there to listen maa. She needs to learn her lesson for being careless . I have only asked her to take care of my son . I don't expect anything else but what she is doing??? He said angrily clenching his jaw.
Beta...she is the best mother to Ayan .she took him along so that he doesn't miss her or cry for her . You have yourself seen how devoted she is towards him . She has not eaten anything from after noon and has been crying continuously. Your Daadi has already said her enough. It can happen in our home too. Ayan is growing now and is becoming naughty . He often fall down from sofa in our presence too. It's not good to blame her for everything beta. Tell me one thing...you would have reacted in the same way if it was shikha in place of Ayesha .? She said making him look away . Just because she has not given him birth , does that make her any less of mother for Ayan .sushma said making him realise the depth of the situation.
He looked at sushma and hugged her to her chest .....you are right maa. I was unconsciously doing wrong with her ..
But thanks to you . But atleast she could have informed me about joining back .
For that I will surely talk to her ....he said making her chuckle .
Yes....you can but with calmness. Don't you dare to scare my Daughter...she said pulling his ear making him pout at his mother .
And yes I am sending some snacks and coffee for both of you .made her eat something otherwise she will fall ill.
She said and left from there.
Armaan entred his room to find Ayesha sitting beside Ayan caressing his cheek .
He walked near the bed making her look up .
Armaan kissed his son's forhead and sat beside him taking his small palm in his big hand .
Ayesha was continuously looking at Armaan fearing his reaction.
He looked at her teary eyes and asked plainly....why are you crying...??
And with that she burst out in tears saying sorry repeatedly. Armaan sighed and pulled her closer in his arms making her clutch his shirt tightly.
He rubbed her back to console her .
It's ok...relax. don't cry too much . He said cupping her face .
Her eyes were red and swollen while her face has become pale.
You are not angry with me .....she asked hiccuping holding his hand and he nodded in No making her relax a bit .
I literally had no idea that something like this would happen. I am sorry . I am a very bad mother . Please forgive me ....she said  sobbing in his chest and he felt bad seeing her like this .
I am not saying anything to you . Why are you crying Ayesha  and no you are not a bad mother. It was just a accident. Don't blame yourself about it . He said wrapping his hand around her .
She hiccuped in his arms and he continued caressing her back .
I thought you will be angry at me and won't talk to me ever again ....she whispered slowly gluing herself to him .
Don't think about it now . And tell me how many stitches he got....Armaan asked caressing his boy's cheeks .
2 ....she said looking at her baby .
Has he eaten anything?? He inquired further .
Yeahhh... He woke up in between and I made him eat some porridge and gave him some medicine that doctor recommended. She informed pulling back from his arms .
And why have you not eaten anything from afternoon...he asked her and she looked down at her lap .
I didn't feel like having anything after looking at him in this condition...she said and tears flowed out of her eyes again .
If you cried again I will surely Stop talking to you ...he said making her wipe her tears  and smiled at him slightly.
A house helper knocked at their door and entred their room with some snacks and coffee.
Armaan made her have it as she would fall ill otherwise .
Armaan freshen up and sat beside them and had his coffee.
Ayan woke up after an hour and opened his eyes groggily.
He rubbed his eyes cutely and looked at his Daddy and grinned widely......Daddyyyyy he said in a little hoarse voice and making Armaan smile and pick him up in his arms.
He kissed his cheeks numerous times making him giggle as his beared tickled him .
Ayesha smiled finally looking at his boy happy .
Ayan tried touching his bandage but Ayesha held his hand making him look at her mumma.
No baby ....don't touch it ....she said caressing his cheek and he pouted at her making her peck his cute pout .
Now they have to be careful that he doesn't take off the bandage knowing how curious and naughty he is ....