Chapter 7: Memories

Glitch and the other agents were still gathered in the dining room, immersed in cheerful conversations as they enjoyed their meal. This was the first opportunity he had to bond with the other agents since he joined the Protocol. Glitch savored every bite of his meal, thoroughly impressed by Jett's culinary skills. Unable to contain his appreciation, he turned to Jett and offered a genuine compliment. "Hey, Jett, I have to say, this is absolutely delicious," he praised with a warm smile gracing his face.

Sova smiled at Jett's compliment about her cooking skills, nodding in agreement with Glitch's statement. "As I told you, Glitch. Jett's culinary skills are unmatched. I'm grateful to have such a talented chef among us," he praised, his words filled with appreciation.

Jett blushed at the compliments, her cutesy tone making the atmosphere even more lighthearted. "Aww, you guys are too kind. I love cooking, and I'm glad you all enjoy it," she replied, a hint of pride in her voice.

"Jett's cooking has always been a delight. She puts so much love and care into every dish. It's a treat for all of us," Sage affirmed, her words carrying the sentiment of the entire team.

Phoenix, known for his unabashed enthusiasm, couldn't help but add his own input to the conversation. "Yeah. Jett, Killjoy, and sometimes Skye would cook for everyone. Always surprises me with their cooking skills. I swear bruv, these three can make anything," he said while pointing his spoon to the three and looking at Glitch, the twinkle in his eyes reflecting his playful nature.

Killjoy humbly shook her head, dismissing the praise. "Neinnn, my cooking is nothing compared to Jett's. She's the real culinary genius among us. I rely on my bots more than my own cooking skills," she admitted, a self-deprecating smile playing on her lips. She then turned to Glitch and curiously asked, "What about you, Glitch? Are you good in the kitchen?"

Glitch shook his head immediately. "No, not really. Cooking has never been my forte. But I used to work as a bartender. So I've got some skills when it comes to mixing drinks," he revealed. Yoru's interest was instantly piqued, and he leaned forward, intrigued by the idea. "Mixology, huh? Perhaps you should whip up some fitting drinks for each of us sometime," he suggested, a mischievous grin stretching across his face. Glitch replied with excitement at Yoru's suggestion. "Of course. But I'll need all the necessary ingredients to make it happen," he said.

Skye, who had been quietly observing the conversation, interjected with an idea. "You know, I'm still relatively new here, but I've noticed plenty of empty rooms and spaces in the headquarters. Maybe we should suggest to Brimstone the idea of creating a bar somewhere. It could be a place for us to unwind and enjoy your drinks," she proposed with enthusiasm. Sova nodded in response. "A brilliant idea, Skye! A dedicated bar where we can all gather and enjoy Glitch's concoctions. Count me in," he exclaimed, the prospect of a new hangout spot clearly exciting him.

Jett and Phoenix exchanged smiles of excitement, clearly intrigued by the thought. "Oh, you know I love drinks. I can't wait for this bar to become a reality," Jett chimed in, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. Phoenix nodded in agreement, his voice filled with excitement. "Definitely, it'll be the hottest spot in the headquarters. I'm already looking forward to it!" he added cheerfully.

The conversation continued, with agents sharing their own drink preferences and ideas for the future bar. Laughter filled the dining room as the agents bonded over their shared love for food, drinks, and the prospect of a new gathering place within the headquarters.

Amidst the lively atmosphere, Glitch suddenly sensed someone's presence near the entrance of the room. Turning his head, he saw Viper standing there, a stoic figure amidst the animated company. It struck him that he had forgotten Viper was part of the protocol, and he hadn't had a chance to talk to her more.