Chapter 12: Memories, Part III

After dinner, around 8 PM

Glitch pushed open the doors to Cypher's office, his determination fueling his steps. "Cypher, I need-" Glitch started, but his words trailed off as he entered. He immediately noticed the tense atmosphere, with Cypher engaged in a hushed conversation with Omen. Glitch's voice faltered for a moment, realizing that he might be interrupting something important. However, his desire to help Omen overpowered his hesitation. Cypher's friendly demeanor complemented his cheery greeting, "Glitch, my friend. How can I help you?"

Glitch's eyes flicked from Cypher to Omen, sensing the possible urgency of their discussion. He then adjusted his approach. "I was just looking for Omen. I was about to ask you, but it seems that I don't need to," Glitch said, his gaze fixed on Omen.

"Omen, I need to talk to you." The intensity in the room grew as Glitch expressed his need to speak with Omen. Sensing the urgency in Glitch's voice, Omen turned his attention towards him. "It will have to wait. I have matters to discuss with Cypher," Omen replied, halting their conversation.

Glitch's concern deepened as he shifted his gaze towards Cypher. Cypher, sensing the weight of the moment, couldn't avoid the nervousness in his voice as he explained, "Ah, well... I promised Omen that I would share some secrets in exchange for his assistance with certain tasks."

Curiosity brimming, Glitch pressed further. "What kind of secrets?" he asked, his frown deepening as he observed Omen's expectant gesture. "Secrets are secrets! I can't tell you, Glitch. Now then, please excuse us, we need to-" Cypher attempted to avoid answering, but Omen interrupted, his voice tinged with longing and uncertainty, "My past. My identity. Cypher has promised to reveal who I was, before this," Omen gestured towards his own enigmatic form, "if I do some of his biddings," he added.

Glitch's eyes widened, a mix of disbelief. "What? There's no need for that. I can tell you everything, free of any conditions or deals. Right now," he exclaimed, his voice resolute. Omen's surprise at Glitch's offer was evident, his gaze shifting between Glitch and Cypher. In contrast, Cypher's pulse quickened, a sense of unease flooding his expression beneath his mask.

"You know who I am? Who I used to be?" Omen questioned, his voice filled with a mix of hope and apprehension. Glitch nodded and responded. "I do. I can tell you everything, so you don't have to-" Glitch's voice trailed off as a sudden realization struck him like lightning.

"You must be Glitch. Cypher told me that you and Viper share ties to my past," 

Omen's words from the past echoed in Glitch's ears, connecting the dots and revealing the truth. Glitch's sharp intellect allowed him to piece together the unexpected truth, and he slowly shifted his gaze towards Cypher. Although masked, Cypher's fear was apparent. "Cypher, you've told him this information before," Glitch remarked, causing Cypher's heartbeat to quicken. He knew that Cypher had been manipulating Omen's memory for his own gain.

"What do you mean?" Cypher asked, trying to appear calm and collected. "Don't play dumb with me, Cypher. When I first met Omen, he immediately mentioned that you've told him about his relationship with Viper and me!" Glitch's anger was palpable as he slammed his hands on the desk. 

"What is this about?!" Omen, with his dark otherworldly voice, questioned the unfolding situation, gazing at both Glitch and Cypher. "He's using you, Omen! He knows that you'll forget what he tells you, so he keeps repeating this same bargain with you over and over again to get what he wants!" Glitch explained, revealing the manipulative truth.