Chapter 49: A Hero

The Headquarters, Alpha Earth

Brimstone's voice was stern and demanding as he confronted Nebula, his eyes locked onto her enigmatic figure. "Gauntlet of Space? What are you talking about?"

Nebula, her form surrounded by swirling violet energy, regarded Brimstone and his team with an eerie calmness. Her voice carried an unsettling serenity as she revealed her intentions. "My master is heralding the birth of a new world, Commander. A world where all Earths will merge into one harmonious existence, forged from the finest aspects of each world. It shall be known as the new Radinthon, and its inhabitants, the new Radinthonians. You should rejoice, for you have been chosen to be part of this upcoming utopia."

Sage, unable to contain her anger at Nebula's audacious claims, scoffed in disbelief. "You are mad if you think Earth will stand idly by while you attempt to ruin it. We will fight to protect our world!"

Nebula's response was chillingly composed. "Resist all you like, earthlings. In the end, Earth will be claimed in the name of the True King of Radiance." She then descended, her feet reaching the sandy ground beneath. "Now, Commander, do you possess the Gauntlet of Space, or shall we proceed with other methods?"

Brimstone's brows furrowed as he responded defiantly, "I'll tell you where it is. Not in our world. Now get the hell out of my lawn!" 

As the agents prepared to strike, Nebula's face was a mask of pity, almost as if she found their efforts to be futile. The barrage of bullets fired by Viper, KAY/O, and Sage seemed to dissolve into nothingness before reaching her, a perplexing display of her otherworldly powers.

Viper, undeterred by the bizarre turn of events, continued her relentless assault, hoping to catch Nebula off guard. However, it appeared that Nebula's attention had shifted elsewhere.

Nebula's gaze drifted upward, her eyes locking onto something beyond the shattered skies. A cryptic smile curled on her lips as she spoke, her tone tinged with an eerie satisfaction. "Ah... it seems like you really don't have it. My master has found it."

Before the agents could react to her words or capitalize on her apparent distraction, Nebula's stance shifted, and her powers surged forth. With an effortless wave of her hand, she unleashed a force that washed over them like a tide.

Viper, KAY/O, Sage, and the others found themselves entrapped within crystalline structures, their forms locked in stasis as if encased in ice. Nebula's actions had left them all inanimate, prisoners within the strange crystals, with no way to resist or escape. Time seemed to stand still within the confines of their icy prisons, their consciousness trapped in a surreal, frozen world.

Outside of the crystalline encasements, other Valorant agents anxiously awaited their leader's command. They scanned their communication devices, desperate for any reports or instructions from Cypher, Killjoy, or Brimstone, but the once-reliable channels remained ominously silent.

Uncertainty and fear gripped these agents as they stood vigilant, unsure of their next course of action. The absence of guidance and the inexplicable vanishing of their comrades left them feeling vulnerable and isolated, like chess pieces abandoned by their master.

The world outside continued to teeter on the brink of catastrophe, Radivores threatening to overrun the cities. The fate of humanity on Alpha Earth now hung in the balance.

.

.

.

Rome, Italy, Omega Earth

In the heart of the ancient Colosseum, the battleground was set for an epic confrontation between the Valorant Heroes and the Radinthonian known as Abraxas. The sky above was shattered, an ominous shade of black and white, a testament to the cataclysmic events unfolding.