Chapter 45: The New War

(Note: Chapters will be longer than usual from here on out.)

Los Angeles, California, Alpha Earth

Jett's hands trembled slightly as she stared at the unexpected sight of Omega Glitch standing before her food truck. Cypher, noticing her sudden stillness, abandoned his philosophical musings and moved closer to the truck's window to see what had caught Jett's attention.

Omega Glitch, maintaining a calm demeanor, assured them, "I mean no harm. I just came for a burger."

Jett, her voice wavering, couldn't simply accept his presence without answers. "What are you doing here? Why now?"

Glitch, his eyes reflecting a sense of urgency, replied, "I'm the one who should be more confused. A Valorant hero running a food truck? Look, I can't explain everything right now. I just need something to eat and get back to Omega as soon as possible."

Jett and Cypher exchanged uneasy glances, their distrust apparent. They remained on guard as Glitch cautiously stepped back, his hands raised, proving he was unarmed.

Cypher, never one to let his guard down, swiftly produced a Ghost from his coat's pocket, subtly aiming it at Glitch. "Keep your hands up," he cautioned.

Meanwhile, Jett proceeded to cook a burger, her mind racing with questions and suspicions. Once the burger was ready, she handed it to Glitch, who paid for it with credits. He devoured the food hungrily, finishing it in record time, while Jett and Cypher continued to regard him with a mixture of confusion and distrust.

Finally, Glitch broke the silence. "Thanks for the food," he said, wiping his mouth. "Back in my world, Jett owns a restaurant. Seems like this Jett's got a thing for food trucks," Glitch remarked, teasingly.

Jett cracked a wry smile and replied, "Maybe you should learn how to tell that this is just a mission, buddy."

Glitch let out a derisive snort as he tossed the burger wrapper into a nearby trash bin. "If Cypher wasn't with you, I wouldn't have believed you," he admitted.

Cypher's keen eyes couldn't help but notice the unusual gauntlet adorning Omega Glitch's hand, but he decided not to dwell on it at the moment. His Ghost still aimed at Glitch, he continued to probe for answers, his skepticism lingering like an unshakable shadow.

"So, what's your real objective here on Alpha Earth?" Cypher inquired, his tone sharp but tinged with curiosity.

Omega Glitch met Cypher's gaze, his own eyes filled with a sense of urgency. "I didn't come here to attack anyone or steal Radianite. I've been searching for answers across different worlds. What you need to know is that Omega Earth is in danger right now," he explained, his words hanging heavily in the air.

"Sure, we've heard about your collapsing climate and stuff," Jett remarked. Glitch, however, shook his head in response. "No, you don't understand. Omega Earth is under attack, and I need to return to defend it."

The sudden revelation left both Jett and Cypher bewildered and uncertain of how to respond. Omega Glitch continued, emphasizing the gravity of the situation. "I couldn't return to Omega Earth because of this artifact right here. If the one attacking my earth got hold of it, our worlds will be destroyed."

"Look. This isn't the time for our worlds to fight one another." he implored. "I can't face this threat solo. Not by myself. I need your help. You gotta come with me and help me somehow," he said.

Jett, though still cautious of his intentions, couldn't ignore the desperation in his voice. "I don't trust you, but something tells me you're not lying. But we can't just rush into this without consulting with Brimstone. He's on his day off, so you'll have to wait a couple of days."