Chapter 10: Sad Stories

Around one week ago

Siberia, Russia

In the dark chilly night, the air crackled as a glowing blue portal materialized, tearing through the fabric of reality. Stepping out from the portal, a man emerged with a mask concealing his face, and fell onto a pile of snow. His body was weakened by a gunshot wound to his thigh. As the portal closed, his mask vanished, revealing the face of Omega Yoru. He winced in pain, his eyes scanning the surroundings.

Footsteps echoed in the distance, drawing Omega Yoru's attention. His gaze shifted towards a pair of black boots steadily approaching him. The figure knelt down, revealing Omega Sage. She placed her gentle hands on Yoru's wound, and her healing energy radiated through his body, relieving his pain. Yoru let out a grateful sigh as he was relieved from the pain.

Soon after, Omega Brimstone and Omega Skye joined them and stood beside him. Brimstone extended his hand, a silent gesture of solidarity. Yoru took his hand, allowing Brimstone to pull him upright as his injuries are now fully healed.

Sage set out to locate the fallen bodies of their fellow agents, ready to breathe life back into their fallen comrades. Skye went along to aid her in her task.

Yoru took a moment to recall the events, his voice steady as he revealed, "They had a new guy." Brimstone's expression darkened, his brows furrowing with concern. "What was he like?" he questioned. "He had radiant powers, but he relied on his suit's technology," Yoru explained.

Brimstone's eyes narrowed as he listened to Yoru's report. "This is troublesome," he remarked. 

Not long after, Sage and Skye returned with Omega Phoenix, Viper, Jett, and Cypher. The air was filled with relief as the revived agents grappled with the strange sensation of returning from the afterlife. Sage's powers had granted them a second chance, pulling them back from the brink of oblivion. It was a gift they hadn't taken lightly.

Brimstone holstered his Sheriff, his gaze shifting to Cypher, the master of secrets, the master of investigation. "Yoru mentioned a new guy on their team," he stated. Cypher's analytical mind immediately kicked into gear, understanding the urgency of the situation. "I'm already on it. I'll dig deep," he assured them, his determination evident.

Phoenix, who had recently faced the mysterious newcomer, joined the conversation. "This guy knows what he's doing. He's experienced," he commented, his tone purely full of caution. Viper, spoke up in determination. "We won't be caught off guard again. We'll be ready for whatever comes our way," she asserted.

.

.

Present day

Glitch made his way to the tranquil beach, the one he went to with Sage not too long ago. He had decided to make it his refuge, a place where he could temporarily escape the chaotic world and find a moment of respite. As he walked along the shore, the soft sand beneath his feet, he couldn't help but marvel at the breathtaking beauty surrounding him.

The events that had unfolded since joining the Protocol continued to bother him. The existence of alternate worlds, the resurrection of his mentor as a spectral entity, and the realization that there existed more than just Omega Earth and that he made a killer robot somewhere out there had left him grappling with a mix of awe and disbelief. He questioned the nature of reality, his place within it, and the path he had chosen.

He took a deep breath, allowing the soothing sound of crashing waves and the gentle touch of the ocean breeze to calm his racing thoughts. It was in this moment of quiet reflection that he hoped to find clarity.