Chapter 47: Fall of The King

(Note: I like this chapter. Idk why)

Los Angeles, California, Alpha Earth

The relentless rampage of the Radivores provided the Valorant Protocol with a golden opportunity to investigate the secretive facility. Brimstone took charge of the strike team consisting of himself, Sova, Reyna, Gekko, and Deadlock to penetrate the heart of the facility. This was where the most closely guarded secrets were held.

The strike team descended to the lowest floor of the facility, prepared to unveil the mysteries hidden beneath its fortified walls. Sova approached the lab door. With a swift and precise shot from his charged bow and arrow, the door was obliterated by a massive laser-like ray, leaving behind a trail of sparks as it disintegrated.

As the dust cleared from the entrance, the team of five cautiously entered the room. Despite the chaotic events unfolding on the ground floor, this level of the facility was not devoid of activity. Scientists and security personnel bustled about, engrossed in their tasks.

The true shock awaited the team at the far end of the massive room. A teleporter to the unknown, radiating a vivid shade of purple, was active. The guards stationed there quickly raised their weapons, ready to defend the facility's secrets at any cost. But they were no match for Sova's precision, as he unleashed an arrow that incapacitated them before they could open fire.

As the security personnel crumpled to the floor, the scientists scrambled to flee the scene. One of them, however, managed to make a desperate move. She signaled the alarm and locked access to the facility's underground systems, effectively triggering a state of alert. With panic in her eyes, she made a dash for a different portal, aiming to escape the unfolding chaos and perhaps carry the secrets with her.

The strike team stood in shock as a massive crane emerged from the portal, hoisting a colossal container filled with writhing Radivores. It was a sight of horror, confirming their suspicions that these creatures had been brought here from an unknown origin. It was clear that Kingdom Corporation had been orchestrating a mass influx of Radivores onto Alpha Earth.

Deadlock couldn't contain her frustration. "So this is what they've been after!" she exclaimed, her gaze locked onto the scientist who was making a desperate dash towards an escape portal. Without hesitation, she equipped the Nanowire Accelerator, a powerful extension of her prosthetic limb, and fired at the fleeing scientist.

The high-velocity projectile streaked towards its target, but luck was not on Deadlock's side this time (or perhaps... most times). The scientist managed to evade the lethal shot, teleporting away just in the nick of time. Frustration coursed through Deadlock as the scientist slipped from her grasp.

The facility's emergency alarm blared, echoing through the chamber, intensifying the chaos that had erupted. Brimstone wasted no time in issuing orders. "You three, shut it down!" he barked at Gekko, Sova, and Deadlock.

He then moved towards the entrance, where guards were rapidly converging on their location. "Reyna, on me," he commanded. The team nodded in unison, acknowledging the objectives they were given. They quickly moved to comply with their leader's directive, ready to face the challenges.

.

.

.

London, England, UK, Omega Earth

Phoenix and Jett found themselves in a fierce battle against the formidable Abraxas, who was armed with a Radianite-infused pistol and the Blade of Shadows. The odds were stacked against them, but they had an unexpected yet powerful ally in Faust, who wielded the same sword as Abraxas, and was surprisingly skilled in sword fights.