Chapter 15: The Banquet

(This one's a bit long, but I hope it's not boring. Was a bit sleepy when writing this.)

As the evening sun set, Glitch, KAY/O, and Killjoy returned to Headquarters, where Sage and Raze greeted them warmly in the living room. "Welcome back! How was the mission?" Sage greeted with a smile as she tended to Raze's burn marks from her explosive weapon brainstorming session.

Glitch, KAY/O, and Killjoy exchanged greetings with them, but Killjoy seemed visibly troubled. As Glitch prepared to make a report, he asked, "Where's Brimstone?"

Raze replied, "On a mission with Viper and Sova. Just left this afternoon."

While Sage, Raze, and Glitch engaged in conversation, KAY/O couldn't help but notice that Killjoy's expression had been sour ever since they left the abandoned facility. He decided to check on her and asked gently, "Killjoy, are you okay?"

"I'm... I don't know," she replied uncertainly.

KAY/O observed, "I've been detecting elevated stress levels from both you and Glitch, but yours is far worse."

Glitch tried to reassure him, "I'll get over it soon. Just need some time."

However, the turmoil inside Killjoy only intensified, and she abruptly excused herself, storming away towards her room. Recognizing the need for some time alone, KAY/O refrained from following her.

Raze, with her hands barely healed, became concerned about Killjoy and asked, "What's wrong?"

Before Glitch could respond, KAY/O stepped in, explaining, "She was probably disturbed by what we found in Everett-Lind. The destruction and loss of innocent scientists seemed to shock her."

Intrigued, Sage inquired further, "What happened there?"

"Someone deliberately destroyed a Radian collider for unknown reasons. Killed everyone on-site. I'll explain everything in detail to everyone once Brimstone is back." Glitch explained. "Any idea when he'll return?" KAY/O asked.

Sage shook her head, "I don't know. He could be back tonight, tomorrow, or even next week."

Worried about her friend, Raze stood up from the couch, "I'll go check on KJ."

Sage agreed, "Make sure she's okay, Raze. There's dinner in the dining room, so bring some for her."

After Raze left, Glitch asked about other agents, "Anyone in the training room?"

"Some agents should be there," Sage confirmed. "I'll go join them," Glitch said, feeling the need to clear his mind and bond with his fellow agents. 

As he walked towards the training room, Sage stopped KAY/O before he could follow.

"KAY/O, are you perhaps busy right now?" Sage asked. KAY/O, who was struggling to move on from memories of his previous world, was hesitant to answer her, but he did so anyway. "I don't have plans for now."

"That's good to hear. I was hoping you could tell me more about the Sage from your world," Sage said.

"You want to know about the Seraph? " KAY/O inquired.

.

.

.

Türkiye, Omega Earth

The smell of dust filled the thick air in an abandoned warehouse. Footsteps echoed through the building as Omega y/n and Bilal cautiously made their way in. They were in search of a certain someone. "Are you sure she's here?" Bilal asked, glancing around the dim surroundings.