Chapter 50: The Final Mission, Part I

(Sorry for the delay. Been busy with some stuff. But here you go.)

The Colosseum, Rome, Italy, Omega Earth

In the eerie silence that had descended upon the Colosseum, the once-vibrant crowd of citizens had transformed into lifeless wooden statues, trapped within the roots that emerged from the earth. It was a testament to the sinister powers of Gaia, who was known for her ruthless cruelty. The only movement now was the flickering of despair in their eyes, a haunting testament to the dark forces that had entrapped them.

Reaver stood nearby, a part of his heart ached to see the dire situation.

Gaia inquired Abraxas about their next move, her voice quivering with a sense of dread. "Master. Now that the Gauntlet's location is unknown, how should we proceed?"

Abraxas, his gaze never wavering from the now inanimate citizens, responded coldly. "I figured this might happen. Which is why I have another plan in mind. We will proceed with plan Beta."

Gaia listened, her features etched with a sense of resignation as she grappled with the grim reality.

Upon hearing her master's orders, Ion stepped forward and bowed before Abraxas. "All the Arks are in place, my lord. The preparations for Plan Beta are complete."

Abraxas turned to Ion, acknowledging her expertise with a subtle nod. "Well done. Begin the process of bridging the worlds, Ion."

Ion bowed once again in return, her eyes flickering with a glint of excitement. "It will take approximately three days to complete the bridging process."

"Proceed," Abraxas commanded, his voice unyielding. "Time is of the essence."

As Ion was dismissed, Abraxas addressed the other generals with a determined tone. "Continue searching for the Gauntlet. It would be much faster if we can find it, and perhaps we might be able to use the Arks' Radianite for something else."

"Yes, master," the generals said in unison before they leave the colosseum.

.

.

.

Istanbul, Türkiye, Alpha Earth

As the Valorant Protocol agents huddled in the dimly lit warehouse, the gravity of their predicament hung heavy in the air. Dim overhead lights cast long shadows across their faces, emphasizing the lines of concern etched into their expressions.

Harbor glanced at his surrounding walls before speaking to Fade, "Your suggestion about this off-grid location was a good call. Kingdom won't find us here, and it buys us some time to figure things out."

Fade nodded, appreciative of the acknowledgment. "We won't be disturbed here. But that doesn't mean we can stay here forever."

Omen's voice cut through the tension like a knife. "The tear in the sky is getting worse with each second. Something must be done," he stated, his tone commanding immediate attention. "Brimstone and the others are trapped inside that strange space, and we can't afford to wait."

Astra, seated at the table, focused on the new artifact in her hands. "This artifact must be related to this problem," she mused. "Its sudden appearance cannot be a coincidence!" She then handed the artifact back to Glitch.

Glitch took the artifact and placed it back on his wrist, his gaze fixed on it as it turned into the gauntlet of space. "I'm not the kind of guy who'd just send away important things without reason. Omega me must have had a motive," he concurred.