Chapter 32: The Legacy of Radiance, Part II

Delhi, India, Alpha Earth

Instead of hunting artifacts, REALM now hunts Varun Batra. He found himself endowed with newfound abilities courtesy of the bracelet now attached to him. No longer a helpless prey, he had become a force to be reckoned with, wielding control over water with a mastery that defied the ordinary.

REALM's relentless hunt had stretched for almost two grueling months. During this time, Varun's growing control over his water-manipulation abilities provided him not only with defense but also a means to counterattack. Walls of water emerged at his command, serving as both shields and tidal waves to sweep his adversaries away, leaving them drenched and defeated.

After numerous close encounters with REALM, a glimmer of hope emerged. Varun's actions began to catch the attention of the Valorant Protocol, an enigmatic organization whose interest in him seemed oddly tailored. The Valorant Protocol reached out to Varun using Cypher's covert communication methods.

The Valorant Protocol had made a decision, agreeing to extract Varun Batra from the city of Delhi. A promise of safety accompanied this operation, a glimmer of hope amid the chaos that had become Varun's reality. Among those entrusted with this crucial task was Glitch, an agent of the Protocol, now en route for the daring rescue mission.

The Vulture sliced through the air, its pilot skillfully maneuvering the aircraft as Glitch's eyes remained locked on his target below. On the streets of Delhi, Varun Batra's motorcycle roared through the chaos, a desperate bid for freedom. Glitch's commands had directed the pilot to coordinate with their movements, positioning the Vulture overhead.

Varun's gaze flicked upwards, his heart racing at the sight of the aircraft. A mix of relief and awe washed over him as he realized help had arrived. His focus, however, was short-lived as REALM agents on motorcycles surged forward, their pursuit relentless.

Glitch's powers flared to life, his movements a blur as he phased through the Vulture's underbelly hatch and descended gracefully to the pavement. His presence was a sudden whirlwind of energy, a sentinel of protection.

As the REALM agents closed in on Varun, Glitch's interventions were swift and precise. His augmented reflexes allowed him to dismantle the threat with almost preternatural grace. Motorcycles skidded, momentum shattered by the sheer force of his glitching barriers. Glitch's energy constructs manifested, expertly dismantling the pursuit.

Varun's motorcycle shuddered to a halt, and he dismounted as he watched Glitch in action. With an acknowledging nod, Glitch phased next to him, his attention shifting to Varun.

"Thanks for the save, but you're late," Varun managed, his voice a mixture of gratitude and amazement.

Glitch's voice held a sense of calm amidst the chaos. "Let's talk once we're out of here," he proposed. He then took one of the downed motorcycles, swiftly mounting it. 

Varun's motorcycle engine roared once more, and they began to move, side by side. "You're from the Protocol, right? How did you guys find me?"

Glitch's response came with a hint of a smile. "Let's just say we have ways of keeping our ear to the ground."

As they weaved through the streets, the sound of approaching engines filled the air. Glitch's gaze shifted, detecting the new threat – more REALM agents closing in. With a subtle gesture, he generated a shimmering barrier of energy that blocked the agents' path.

"Let's split up," Glitch commanded, his voice carrying an authoritative edge. "Head to the extraction point. I'll hold them off."

Varun nodded, his grip on the handlebars tightening. "Good luck."