Chapter 21: The Blackmailer, Part III

The Hangar, Valorant Headquarters, Alpha earth

.

CALLSIGN  / /  Glitch
NAME  / /  y/n l/n
CLASSIFICATION  / /  Pseudo-Radiant

The Radiant Hunter. A name befitting someone who aspired to be a monster, isn't it, y/n l/n? Or perhaps that wasn't what you wanted to be? You believed your actions would earn the respect of the people in Vancouver, but instead, some were left frightened by your so-called heroic deeds. It pains you when they see you as nothing more than a Radiant menace.

In your pursuit to protect humans, your own kind, you lost touch with your own humanity, becoming something akin to your enemies. How ironic. Human or Radiant, your identity becomes irrelevant, leaving you as a shattered individual.

The time will come when you must choose a side. Have you already decided who you truly are?

.

After reading the dossier, Glitch handed the tablet back to Cypher. "I don't really feel threatened, but they certainly know a lot about us," he remarked. "It is disturbing, no doubt, but we'll track them down today. So do not worry, my friend," Chamber reassured. Neon seemed unsure, "Are you sure you want me to be part of this?" she inquired. "Yes. I am sure that this is the perfect team for the mission," Sova replied with conviction.

Brimstone then strode into the hangar, greeted by the sight of the fully assembled strike team. As he approached, the agents stopped their discussions and turned their attention to him. Sova stepped forward to approach Brimstone as the other members of the team started diligently loading their equipment and necessary items onto the Vulture.

"You asked for my recommendations, and here we are," Sova said. Brimstone nodded in acknowledgment, appreciating Sova's dedication to the mission. With the preparations nearly complete, he looked around at the team and asked, "So what's your plan?"

Sova then looked back to see the team. "Besides myself, we must send Cypher; no one else can handle surveillance of an entire city better than him. Not to mention, even with the target location narrowed, he still couldn't pinpoint the exact coordinates. He said he might be able to do it after we get to Türkiye," he explained.

He then folded the bow in his hand and stowed in on his back before continuing. "Although I've never seen him in action yet, Chamber volunteered to provide fire support from a vantage position. Breach has a... history with extractions... it would be foolish not to take advantage. Neon can help cover ground quickly; also, she needs a break from Killjoy... those two have been cooped up in her lab for too long," he said as his gaze shifted to the corresponding agents.

Sova earned a nod of acknowledgement from Brimstone. "Good. But you might need more," Brimstone said. Sova then nodded back before responding, "KAY/O has agreed to pilot the Vulture. He'll be able to provide support when needed. If things go wrong, Glitch will create a distraction in the city to delay any police response until we're finished. I made it clear to him that he must avoid harming civilians. Five on the ground, one in the skies, and one for diversion. This is good," he finished.

.

.

.

Palace of Versailles, France, Omega Earth

The Valorant Legion gathered in a fine restaurant, filling the room with laughter and chit-chat as they enjoyed their meal. "Mmm... this is really good. What is this called again?" Omega Phoenix said as he savored the steak. A waiter approached him to refill his empty wine glass and replied, "Chateaubriand steak, sir. Made with the finest beef you can find in France," he said.