Chapter 14: Fracture

Valorant Headquarters, Alpha earth

"So, what's the job, boss?" Glitch asked, standing firmly in front of Brimstone's desk. Brimstone placed a folder of confidential files on the desk for Glitch to see. The sound of papers dropping on the table filled the room, and Glitch shifted his gaze to the desk.

"You should've heard about this place," Brimstone said. Glitch nodded firmly, "Yeah. Everett-Linde research facility. Exclusive to top secret projects. I've been sent there to work with Omen back then. Never even knew how or when it was built," Glitch replied.

"That's a good start. Were you aware of the existence of Omega Earth when you worked there?" Brimstone asked. "No, sir," Glitch replied. Brimstone then took a specific page out of the folder and signaled for Glitch to look closely.

"It was indeed made for secret projects. But not too long ago, the facility was assigned to be a place for a new project. Collaboration between Alpha and Omega," Brimstone said. Glitch frowned at the explanation, feeling a bit confused. "Alpha and Omega? Working together?" Glitch asked incredulously.

"As unlikely as it sounds, engineers from Alpha and Omega gathered to construct a Radian collider, or so I've heard from Cypher. But on the day of what would have been the collider's launch, it all came to an end instead. Someone destroyed the collider when it was activated," Brimstone continued, his tone somber.

Glitch's eyes widened in horror. "Hang on. I've never seen or heard of this Radian collider before, but knowing Kingdom's kind of projects and the nature of Radianite, it would cause a massive explosion of uncontrollable energy!" Glitch exclaimed, realizing the catastrophic potential of such a device.

Brimstone nodded with a grave expression. "And that's exactly what happened," he said, his voice heavy with the weight of the tragedy.

Glitch's heart sank. "I... I had friends who were probably working there," he said, his voice filled with sorrow and concern for those he might have lost. The revelation of the disaster at the facility hit him hard, and he couldn't help but wonder about the fate of his former colleagues.

Before Glitch had the time to be lost in thoughts, Omen materialized in the room as a shadowy figure, breaking the solemn silence. "We don't know for sure yet if they died there," he said, his voice carrying an air of mystery and uncertainty.

"Doctor Wallace?" Glitch said, surprised by Omen's appearance and insight.

Omen walked closer to Glitch and took out something from his pocket. "Take this with you, y/n," Omen said, handing a card to Glitch. It was a high-level security clearance key card, with the name Frederick Wallace and a picture of a man on it. 

"How did you

"How did you..?" Glitch asked, intrigued by Omen's actions.

"I got it back from Sabine," Omen replied, referring to the card. Receiving Omen's keycard, Glitch immediately understood the assignment Brimstone was about to give him.