Part 2

"Thank you for coming," Gulf bowed to the customers, the last ones for the day. Gulf let out a relieved sigh.

Being the owner of a small cafe came with many hurdles, one of them being unable to afford full-time workers. For the time being, Gulf was alone in running the cafe. He intended to save money to build a bigger cafe before hiring full-time workers.

Gulf cleaned up the place, thoroughly enjoying every moment. He had decorated the cafe himself, pouring his heart and soul into it. Once he was done, he headed upstairs to his apartment.

"I'm home," Gulf said, taking off his shoes.

"Welcome," Win came out and stood in front of Gulf.

Win had dyed his hair blue and cut it short, making him almost unrecognizable.

"You cut it too?" Gulf placed his belongings on the kitchen table.

"Yes, I thought they might recognize me by my hairstyle if I just dyed it. So, I cut it short. I haven't had my hair this short since high school," Win touched his hair.

"Well, that's good. Dinner?" Gulf took out ingredients from the fridge.

"I haven't had dinner yet..." Win bit his lower lip.

"Then, you should join me. I'm starving," Gulf quickly washed his hands and put on an apron.

Gulf skillfully cut the vegetables and broke the eggs with one hand. He took out the marinated chicken he had prepared earlier that morning. Fortunately, there was enough for two. Within 30 minutes, Gulf was able to cook rolled omelets, vegetable soup, and basil-fried chicken. He also prepared fresh orange juice.

"Come, let's eat," Gulf washed his hands once again and sat down.

"Wow," Win exclaimed as he saw the spread of food. Due to financial constraints, he had been surviving on noodles and bread for the past few months.

"Thank you for the food," Win took a bite and paused for a moment. It tasted so good, just like his mother's cooking.

"Is it okay?" Gulf asked.

"Okay? This is perfect! It tastes amazing," Win took another bite.

"I'm glad to hear that," Gulf smiled and began eating.

After dinner, Gulf noticed that Win seemed lost in thought.

"What's wrong?" Gulf handed Win a cup of coffee.

"I was just... thinking... why would someone like you take me in like this? Haven't you ever thought that I might be a bad person?" Win asked, taking a sip of the coffee and being pleasantly surprised by its taste.

"If you were a bad person, you would have attacked me last night. The cafe was left unlocked, making it the perfect opportunity to rob me, don't you think?" Gulf took a sip of his coffee.

"That's true, but... Aren't you afraid when I told you I was running from the mafia? It means they could come after you too," Win took another sip while looking at Gulf.

"About that, don't worry. We'll know when we get there" Gulf stood up and ruffled Win's hair.

"Thank you, P," Win smiled.

The next day arrived, and Win wore a mask and glasses to hide his face. His short blue hair made him look like a different person.

"Here's your apron. For your first day, maybe you can help me at the counter. I'll handle the coffee and bread-making myself," Gulf handed Win his apron.

"Thank you, P. Do you make your bread? That sounds exhausting. I wonder if I'll just be a hindrance to your work," Win tied the apron.

"I prefer to make my bread for the cafe. You helping me at the counter is a great help. It allows me to focus on my tasks without worrying about taking care of the customers," Gulf tied his apron and smiled.

Win nodded, marveling at how someone like Gulf could exist. He seemed like an angel.

They worked together, and Gulf was finally able to focus on his favorite tasks of making coffee and baking. Perhaps Win was there to help him fulfill his dreams.

Meanwhile, on the other side (back on the day Win ran away),

"You're dead," one person smirked while twirling his chair.

"Dew, you have to help us. If the Boss finds out that we lost that boy, we'll be dead," the man knelt in front of Dew.

"Then, what are you doing here, A? Go find him," Dew smiled, his smile anything but genuine.

"We were hoping you would help us," A and B knelt in front of Dew.

"Why would I? The Boss told you to take care of it, not me," Dew stood up and walked away.

"Dew!" A yelled.

"What should we do? The Boss is coming back tonight. He expects to see the boy... If Dew can't help us, no one can," B panicked.

"Let's go out and find him. We won't come back until we find him, or else we're dead," A said. Both of them left the house.

Dew walked with his hands in his pockets toward the main door that opened wide. He looked at his watch, and just as it struck 12, the main gate opened.

"Right on time, it's so him," Dew smirked.

The car stopped right in front of the main door. Fourteen people stood in line, seven on each side, waiting for the person to exit. The car door opened, revealing the infamous and cruel Boss.

"Welcome home, Boss!" All fourteen of them bowed.

"Hmmm..." The Boss's voice sent shivers down their spines. One wrong move and they would be dead.

The man walked toward Dew, and as the door closed, Dew was left alone with the Boss in the house.

"I welcome you as your assistant, Boss. As your friend, welcome home, Bright."

TBC

A/N: Decided to make unimportant characters' names by alphabet 🤭. Otherwise, there'll be confusion.