Part 8

"P... Are you okay? You look pale," Win commented, concerned. Gulf's usual smile was there, but the glow was dim.

"I'm fine... Just a bit tired," Gulf replied, sitting down.

"Is it because of my problem, P? You know, I can quit if you want me to," Win asked. Gulf had appeared fine at first, so Win didn't say anything, but now Gulf looked like he could faint at any moment.

"Nonsense. If you quit, who is going to protect you?" Gulf shot him a look.

"..." Win fell silent. He knew that no one could protect him like Gulf did.

"Don't worry about it. They will not bother us again," Gulf assured Win.

"How do you know?" Win asked, curious about why the attackers would suddenly stop targeting the cafe.

"Because I know what they are afraid of," Gulf stated confidently. Win wanted to continue the conversation, but customers began arriving, interrupting them.

In the office, Bright sat waiting for a certain file. Someone knocked on his door, and Dew entered.

"Boss, this is the file you asked for," Dew said, placing the thin file on the table.

Bright quickly skimmed through it, frustration filling him. "Is this all?" he asked.

"Unfortunately, yes Boss," Dew replied. He had tried all night to find information about Gulf but could only come up with what was in the file.

"Are you doing your job?" Bright questioned, his aura giving off a scary vibe.

"I am, Boss. It's hard to get information about him. It's like he's very well hidden. Whoever he is, he's excellent at hiding his personal life. You know as well as I do that even hacking the CCTV took two days, and we've never had difficulties hacking anything before," Dew defended himself, feeling the weight of Bright's scrutiny.

"Fine. You can go," Bright dismissed Dew. He couldn't stay mad at his best friend. Dew bowed and left the room.

Bright stared at the file, hoping to find something that could help him. But all he found was Gulf's profile and resume, with no mention of his parents' names or his family. Everything about Gulf's personal life was hidden.

"Fuck!" Bright exclaimed, throwing his glass in anger. He looked at Gulf's picture and tried to calm himself.

"Who are you?" Bright muttered, unable to get Gulf out of his mind since that day.

Back at the coffee shop, Gulf cleaned up his shop before staring at the broken CCTV. He sighed, realizing he would have to replace it. Gulf then went upstairs to his apartment. The apartment was dimly lit but comforting to him. It smelled just like the cafe.

He placed all his stuff on the counter before taking a shower. After a few minutes, he emerged from the bathroom, dried his hair, and got dressed. Gulf then headed straight to his office room.

Gulf's apartment consisted of two rooms: his bedroom and his office. He sat down and opened his laptop, focusing on his report. He didn't bother turning on the lights, only the desk lamp. After almost ten minutes, Gulf suddenly spoke up.

"When do you think you will come out?" Gulf looked up from his laptop, his gaze fixed on the dark corner of his office. Suddenly, he heard a snicker, and Gulf crossed his arms over his chest.

A figure emerged from the darkness, revealing himself.

"I must say, I'm impressed," the figure smirked.

Gulf studied the figure closely and noticed a ring on his finger. Only the Boss could wear that ring. This must be the Boss of The Chatchada.

"He looks nothing like people describe," Gulf thought. The person in front of him had a clean-cut face and was younger.

"What do you want?" Gulf asked, maintaining his composure.

"Where's the boy?" Bright asked, lowering his voice in an attempt to be intimidating.

"I don't know who you're referring to, but as you can see, I am alone," Gulf shrugged.

"Don't play dumb. We both know you know where the boy is," Bright stated firmly. It was rare to see someone who didn't tremble in his presence, apart from Dew.

"Do I?" Gulf raised an eyebrow, his voice dripping with skepticism.

"We can do this all day, Gulf," Bright warned, using Gulf's name deliberately.

"As you wish," Gulf stood up and went to his coffee maker table.

"Coffee?" Gulf turned to face Bright.

"You seem so confident that I won't kill you. This is a good chance," Bright remarked, inviting himself to sit down on the sofa.

"If you wanted to kill me, you would've done it the moment I entered my apartment. After all, you've been here since 10 p.m., rummaging through my stuff," Gulf poured hot water into a cup.

For a brief moment, Bright was impressed by Gulf's keen perception. Despite being busy at the cafe and injured, Gulf's senses of his surrounding were still sharp.

"Here you go," Gulf placed the coffee in front of Bright, then took a seat across from him.

Bright stared at the cup. He hadn't drunk coffee in ten years.

"How do I know you won't poison it?" Bright asked, his suspicion evident.

"As a cafe owner, it would be a disgrace for me to poison my coffee," Gulf replied calmly, taking a sip of his own.

Bright cautiously picked up the cup and tried the coffee. To his surprise, the taste was smooth and rich in flavor. He never thought coffee could taste this good.

He looked at Gulf, who was admiring his creation under the soft glow of the night light. Suddenly, something struck him.

"Beautiful,"

TBC

A/N: Another update since I'm in a good mood. (I saw the trailer for Law of Attraction😭. JamFilm is coming)