Part 4

"Welcome to Havens Cafe. May I take your order?" Gulf smiled at his customers. Today, he had purposely given Win the day off so he could stock up on supplies.

It was almost midnight, and Gulf was exhausted. He went to clean the counter just then one last customer walked in. Gulf immediately went behind the monitor to take the order.

"Welcome to Havens Cafe. May I take your order?" Gulf stared at the monitor, waiting for the customer to place their order.

"I'm not here to order coffee," a voice spoke up.

Gulf looked up and regretted not closing the cafe earlier. The man was tall, dressed in black, and upon closer inspection, quite handsome.

"I'm sorry?" Gulf asked. Why would he come here if he didn't want any coffee?

"I wanted to ask whether you have seen this man?" The man spoke up and handed a picture to Gulf.

Gulf was surprised to see that the man in the picture was Win. This must be the Mafia that Win had mentioned before. Immediately, Gulf put on his professional smile.

"Sorry, I've never seen anyone who looks like this in this town. You might have to ask someone else," Gulf said, hoping the man would believe him.

"Hmmm, are you sure? I've been around this town the whole day. You are the last person I could ask. Since this cafe seems popular, you might have seen a lot of people," the man stated, smiling, but his smile seemed anything but genuine.

"I'm positive, sir. I have never seen anyone who looks like this," Gulf continued his lie.

The man stared at Gulf for a few moments before speaking up.

"Fine. If you say so. You seem like a good person, so I'll believe you," the man smirked.

"Thank you for the compliment, sir," Gulf smiled.

"If you ever meet someone who looks like this, could you give me a call? I would lose my head if I didn't find him," the man handed Gulf his card.

"I'll make sure to do that," Gulf said.

"Thank you for your cooperation. I hope karma won't come to you," the man smirked before leaving.

Gulf let out a sigh of relief after the man disappeared from his sight. He closed the front door and sat down, looking at the card in his hand. His eyes widened as he read the name on the card.

"The Chatchada? Gosh... Out of all the groups, they're the ones chasing you?" Gulf sat down for a moment, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"If it's them, you're going to get caught anytime, Win," Gulf closed his eyes, the future flashing before him, and it didn't look good.

"What's wrong, P?" Gulf jumped a bit.

Win was standing in front of him with his usual smiling eyes.

"Where did you come from? I closed the front door," Gulf let out a breath.

"From the back. I figured it would be dangerous to come from the front, so I came from the back," Win smiled and sat in front of Gulf. Gulf just shook his head.

Win glanced at the card on the table. His eyes widened.

"That card..." He glanced at Gulf. Could Gulf have sold him out?

"Somebody came and asked about you. I think they've arrived at this town," Gulf said as he stood up to make coffee for both of them.

"What did you tell them, P?" Win bit his lower lip.

"I told them I had never met you. That's all," Gulf poured hot water into his coffee.

"Then they gave you this card?" Win asked. Gulf only nodded. Win gulped staring at the card.

"Why didn't you tell me that the ones chasing you were The Chatchada?" Gulf placed the coffee in front of Win.

"You never asked before..." Win smiled awkwardly. Gulf let out a sigh. It's partially his fault for not asking.

"Why, P? Did you know them?" Win asked.

"All I know is that they're the biggest group at the moment, and the neighboring town is their territory. Thankfully, this town is not theirs. Yet..." Gulf pondered for a moment.

"Yet, Does that mean they will conquer this town too, P?" Win asked, curious.

"I don't know either. I only know up until that part," Gulf said, taking a sip of his coffee.

Win nodded.

"Anyway, you should stay away from other towns. Just stay in this town until your father comes back. I'm surprised you were able to arrive here" Gulf said, standing up and going to wash his cup.

"P... What happens if I go to another town?" Win stood up and faced Gulf.

Gulf turned around and spoke up.

"Your face is probably already known to everyone. One step into another town, and you'll be sold out by the citizens. It's not because of the money, but because the citizens respect the group. They would do anything, even kill someone," Gulf said, wiping his cup dry.

"Why would people respect their group? I heard the boss is cruel and dangerous," Win opened his mask to take a sip of his coffee.

"Rumors said their group's name means 'crowning glory.' It means they not only gain the crown but they gain it with glory. They've done a lot of things to earn respect from the people. That's why some willingly become part of their territory," Gulf wiped his hands.

"Hmmm," Win nodded, amazed by how informative Gulf was.

On the other side,

Dew entered Bright's room after knocking. Bright gave him a look, and Dew smirked.

"Found him."

TBC