Part 21

Gulf was supposed to be well, but he felt like he had been hit by a truck. Win had just confessed his feelings about Bright.

"Gulf?" Gulf was brought back to reality. He turned his face to see Bright staring at him.

"Are you okay?" Bright asked, worried by Gulf's pale face.

Win had returned a few hours ago after telling Gulf about his feelings.

"Yes," Gulf smiled thinly.

"You look like you have something to tell me," Bright said, raising his eyebrow.

Gulf bit his lower lip. Should he ask him?

"Tell me, Gulf," Bright said, looking serious.

"I... I heard that Win is doing well in your house," Gulf slowly said.

"You're worried about him? He's fine. I won't do anything bad to him. After all, he's my people now," Bright said, sitting down.

"Bright's people... he's right. After all, Win was his goal from the beginning," Gulf thought, spacing out.

"You should take a rest. You look bad," Bright said, placing his hand on top of Gulf's head.

Gulf looked up and saw Bright smiling at him. At that moment, something struck him, and Gulf could feel his throat tighten.

Gulf only nodded. He couldn't form any words; his voice would come out weak.

"Here, let me help you," Bright said, helping Gulf to lie down. Then, he covered Gulf with a blanket. Just then, his phone started ringing.

"I'll be outside for a while," Bright said, leaving the room after turning off the light.

Gulf felt the room darken, and his tears flowed uncontrollably. He bit his lower lip, trying to stop the tears.

"Then, it's natural that Bright would return the feelings since he was interested in Win from the beginning," Gulf thought before falling asleep.

The next day, Gulf woke up and saw Win beside him instead of Bright.

"Win?" Gulf said, sitting up.

"Oh, P... You woke up," Win smiled widely.

"When did you come?" Gulf asked, searching for a certain person.

"Oh, P'Bright had to attend work, so he asked me to accompany you," Win said, pouring a glass of water.

"P'Bright?" Gulf asked, something struck him.

"Oh, I thought I should call him that, and he allowed me to. Can you believe that P?" Win smiled, handing a cup to Gulf.

Gulf took a sip of the water, but he could hardly swallow it.

"I never thought a mafia boss would be that caring. Did you know when he came home yesterday, he brought me fruits? Not just one, but a basket full of various fruits. It's as if he knows I like fruits," Win explained excitedly.

"Oh," Gulf couldn't form any words. He should be happy that Win had feelings for Bright and that they might end up together, but why did it hurt?

"My room was close to his office too, P. So whenever I came out, I would bump into him. When I asked Dew about it, he told me that it was P'Bright's order" Win said, smiling shyly.

"I... I see," Gulf said, biting his lower lip. He wished Win would stop talking.

"Anyway, P'Bright told me that you can go home in two days. You can open your cafe again, P. But maybe I will not be working with you anymore since Bright don't want me to go anywhere except his house and the hospital," Win said, pouting.

"Oh, okay," Gulf nodded.

Win left to buy lunch, leaving Gulf alone in his room. Gulf kept thinking about the situation.

"After this, I'll return to my cafe, and my life will return to normal. Win will return to Bright's house and... be his partner... It should be fine, right?" Gulf thought, tears filling his eyes.

Win came back and saw Gulf was packing.

"P? Are you that excited to go home? There's still plenty of time to pack," Win smiled, placing the lunches on the desk.

"I'm leaving today," Gulf said slowly.

"What? Why? The doctor said you still have to rest," Win said, furrowing his brow.

"I've been away from the cafe for too long," Gulf said, packing his stuff.

"But, P—" Win was cut off.

"Win... It's fine. The doctor told me it's going to be fine as long as I'm not under stress," Gulf explained.

"Fine, let me help you," Win sighed. He couldn't do anything about it.

Gulf then went to his cafe with Win and saw that it had been cleaned up. He thought the blood would still be there.

"Who cleaned this?" Gulf asked.

"Oh, it was P'Bright's order. I asked him if I could clean the mess, and he told me he would ask his people to clean it and just let me stay at home," Win beamed.

"Oh," Gulf said.

"Bright does have a soft spot for him. I'm sure he has feelings for Win. The way he takes care of Win says it all," Gulf thought.

He kept thinking about it, and it made him a little dizzy. He stumbled a bit.

"P? Are you okay?" Win went towards Gulf.

"I'm fine. Maybe I stood too long," Gulf said, but before he could sit down, he fell to the ground.

"Urghhh," Gulf winced. He then saw a huge ceiling when he opened his eyes. Gulf slowly sat up, feeling his head a little lighter.

"You woke up," a voice came from the corner.

Gulf looked up and was surprised to see Bright, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Bright..." Gulf said. His heart ached to see the man.

"Why did you run away?" Bright said, getting closer.

"Run away? What do you mean?" Gulf said, furrowing his brow.

"You should have stayed longer at the hospital. Why the hurry?" Bright said, frustrated with Gulf's actions.

Gulf didn't know how worried Bright was when he saw Gulf was not in the room. He became panicked when Win called him to tell him that Gulf had fainted.

"I... I..." Gulf bit his lower lip. Bright came closer and sat in front of Gulf.

"Are you running away from me?" Bright asked, his voice tinged with a mix of worry and hurt.

"No..." Gulf avoided meeting Bright's gaze.

"Look at me," Bright demanded, his eyes piercing Gulf.

Gulf reluctantly turned his face, meeting Bright's intense gaze. Suddenly, a surge of emotions overwhelmed him, and he can't handle them.

"I should go," Gulf said abruptly, standing up from the bed.

"Gulf," Bright reached out, grabbing Gulf's arm.

"Let go of me, please," Gulf pleaded, his voice wavering.

"Gulf... Tell me, what's on your mind?" Bright said, his grip firm as he turned Gulf to face him.

"We should stay away from each other"

TBC