Part 28

Gulf approached Win and noticed that Dew was with him. Win told Gulf that Bright had summoned him to his office, but it didn't look good. Gulf offered to go with Win as he knew the boy was scared.

Win nodded immediately, knowing that with Gulf there, Bright would not act hastily.

"Boss, I brought the boy," Dew said, sitting on the sofa.

Win looked up and saw Ashley looking at him. He could see Bright clenching his fist while standing up.

"P'Bright...Di- Did you need anything fr-from me?" Win said, stuttering due to fear.

Gulf didn't say anything, but he furrowed his eyebrows. Something seemed off. Gulf stood still to see what would happen.

"Ashley, repeat what you said," Bright commanded.

Ashley smiled and turned to face Win.

"Well, as I said, Boss fainted after drinking the coffee that you made. So, it's obvious you wanted to poison him," Ashley said, smirking.

Gulf furrowed his eyebrows. He wanted to say something, but suddenly Dew came and pointed a gun at Win.

"That's brave of you, trying to kill my Boss," Dew said, smiling.

Win was so shocked he couldn't say anything. He was scared for his life seeing the gun pointed at him.

"That's right. The boss gave you a place to sleep, and you can eat anything. Is this how you repay him?" Ashley said, crossing her arms.

Bright remained quiet. He had no words.

"Stop this right now!" Gulf suddenly said, pulling Win toward him.

"Gulf..." Ashley said, surprised.

"Gulf, let the boy go," Bright suddenly said, curtly. It was the first time he had commanded Gulf to do something.

"No. Is this how you solve things? Not even a conversation?" Gulf said, covering Win's body with his own.

"What else is there to say? It's obvious the boy wanted to poison Boss," Ashley said, raising her voice.

"Shut. Your. Mouth. How dare you assume things without any evidence" Gulf glared at Ashley.

Ashley was a bit scared when she saw the fire in Gulf's eyes. It was the same look as Bright's when he was angry.

"And for your information, I am the one who made the coffee, not Win. So if you want to blame someone, blame me!" Gulf said, raising his voice. He was upset that they accused Win without evidence.

That made everyone freeze, especially Bright.

"What?" Ashley asked, still in disbelief.

"That day, Win failed to make coffee, so I prepared it instead. Get it?" Gulf said, raising his eyebrows.

Win was holding Gulf's hand tightly. He was still scared after facing the gun. Dew put the gun back down; he wanted to point it at Gulf, but he knew his Boss would kill him if he did that.

"Oh, now I understand," Ashley suddenly smiled.

Gulf furrowed his eyebrows. What did the woman want now?

"You and Win wanted to take Boss's money, so you poisoned him, right? That way, you both can live here! I didn't know you were that kind of person too, Gulf!" Ashley said, smirking.

Gulf wanted to argue again but then he close his mouth seeing something.

Click. A gun was pointed behind Ashley's head.

"Boss?" Ashley said, shocked by the gun pointed at her head.

"Say one more thing about my love, and you'll lose your head," Bright said, lowering his voice. He was angry.

"Your love? But the boy was trying to poison you, Boss," Ashley quickly said, defending herself.

"I'm not talking about the boy. One more word about Gulf, and you'll die," Bright said, his hand still on the gun.

"Gulf? Your partner is Gulf?" Ashley's eyes widened. Many thoughts passed through her head.

"Bright, put the gun down," Gulf said, seeing Ashley's dumbfounded face.

Bright wanted to argue, but Gulf narrowed his eyes. Bright then sighed and put the gun down. He did promise not to point guns if Gulf was present.

Seeing the scene, Ashley was in shock. She couldn't believe that her Boss, the cruel Boss, followed someone's orders. She shook her head. No, this can't be. Then, why he spared her life before? There's no other explanation other than she has a special place in his heart.

"No, this can't be. You are not Boss's partner. No," Ashley shook her head.

Gulf furrowed his eyebrows. Was this woman going crazy?

"No! Boss... This is not true, right?" Ashley turned to look at Bright.

Bright just looked bored.

"No! I don't accept this! This can't be!" Ashley said, holding her head.

"You must be upset that your plan is not working," Win suddenly said. He then went to sit on the sofa next to Dew. He gained some confidence knowing Bright believed Gulf.

Gulf turned to face Win, wondering what he meant.

"You left this in your bag. This is the poison, right?" Win said, placing a small bottle on the table.

Ashley's eyes widened. She shook her head, trying to deny it. She grabbed Bright's coat.

"Boss...It's not me...I swear..." Ashley's eyes became teary.

Bright looked at her intensely. He was close to shooting her, but he remembered Gulf was there, so he just stayed where he was.

"Admit it, or Dew will shoot you right here," Bright said curtly.

Ashley hesitated for a moment. Was this how she was going to die?

"Okay...I did it. But I did it because I love you, Boss... I admired you since day one. You love me too, right? That's why you spared my life that day," Ashley clung to Bright's shirt, tears falling down her cheeks.

Bright pushed Ashley's hand away, causing her to stumble a bit. When she tried to come closer again, she was stopped by Gulf.

"Let me go!" Ashley said, trying to pull her hand free, but Gulf's grip was firm.

"Listen here, woman. I don't care what your feelings are, but you messed with my man. You dared to poison him! If I see you anywhere near here again, I'll make sure to break your arm," Gulf said, gripping Ashley's hand tightly. Ashley winced in pain.

"Leave from here!" Gulf pushed Ashley, making her fall. Ashley wanted to argue, but then Dew pulled her away from the office. But before she could say anything, Bright spoke up.

"You're fired."

TBC