Part 7

Bright sat in his office, clenching his fist when he heard that one mere person had beaten his men. He didn't own the biggest group just to have weak underlings. Tonight, he was determined to see the man who defeated his people. He sent his underlings with a higher rank than the previous ones to take on the owner.

"I've been beaten..." Gulf closed his eyes for a moment. The cafe was full of people, and the aftermath of the fight two days ago was not helping.

"It's been two days, so they will probably come again today," Gulf thought to himself, taking a deep breath and stretching a bit. He stopped for a moment, knowing something is wrong.

"Hmmm," Gulf shrugged, deciding to handle it later.

Just like before, when the clock struck 12, four people barged into his cafe. However, they were slightly bigger compared to the previous attackers.

"Higher rank? Gosh..," Gulf muttered, stretching his neck.

The first attacker lunged forward, aiming a powerful punch at Gulf's face. With a swift sidestep, Gulf evaded the blow. In one fluid motion, he retaliated with a precise strike to the attacker's pressure point, rendering him temporarily incapacitated.

Instead of meeting the attackers head-on, Gulf used their momentum against them, redirecting their strikes. His movements were precise and calculated. As the remaining attackers closed in, Gulf evaded punches and kicks with exceptional agility. He utilized a combination of blocks, and counters, each movement executed with accuracy. His defensive tricks were meant to protect himself and neutralize his opponents without causing excessive harm.

Gulf analyzed his opponents' movements and weaknesses, adapting his strategy accordingly. He exploited their blind spots, landing well-placed strikes that sent them stumbling backward or crashing into each other.

The fight continued, and Gulf's movements became a blur as he deftly dodged multiple strikes simultaneously. His instincts and training took over, allowing him to respond with lightning-fast reflexes. Eventually, one person managed to hit Gulf in the stomach, causing him to stumble. But Gulf quickly retaliated, hitting the last man on the back of his neck, causing him to fall alongside the others.

Slowly, Gulf calmed himself down with a deep breath. He combed his hair back, avoiding any strands from touching his forehead. Then, Gulf walked towards the counter and picked up a knife.

"Listen here. This is my first and last warning. Stay away from my cafe, or I'm going to spread the news that your group attacks the locals without any reason. Do you hear me?!" Gulf warned his voice firm and commanding. Then, he turned around and faced the CCTV.

Gulf threw the knife toward the CCTV, causing it to break and lose connection.

In another location, Bright, the man behind a tablet, stared at the loss of connection from the CCTV.

"Boss?" the driver looked at Bright, shocked to see how the owner could sense that they had hacked the CCTV.

"Tell them they're dismissed, let's go," Bright said, throwing his tablet beside him.

"Okay, Boss," the driver replied, calling the men inside the cafe. The driver quickly left the scene, leaving Bright deep in thought. He pondered for a moment before a smirk appeared on his face.

"Interesting," he commented, realizing he needed to find out who this person was.

Gulf sat down for a moment, feeling the pain in his stomach worsen when he tried to bend down. He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I don't think I can handle one more fight with them," Gulf muttered to himself, his voice filled with exhaustion. He decided to clean up the cafe, even though he could barely stand up straight.

"Now I regret taking in strangers. It just brings danger upon me," Gulf thought, reflecting on the situation.

Bright quickly went to his room, flipping through Win's file. Anger seeped through him as he realized there was no information about the cafe owner in it.

"Ashley!" he yelled, causing Ashley to tremble as she hurried to reach Bright. It was the first time he had ever yelled her name, and it wasn't a good sign.

"Y-Yes, Boss?" Ashley came before him with trembling hands.

"I don't see any info about the owner in this file," Bright said, throwing the file towards Ashley.

"You told me to throw away all the unimportant things, Boss," Ashley replied, her voice wavering.

"Unimportant?" Bright raised his voice, his frustration evident. He then shot Ashley in the hand.

Ashley fell due to the impact, wincing in pain. She closed her eyes, thinking this might be her last moment, bracing herself for another bullet.

"Out," Bright suddenly said, his voice firm.

"Boss?" Ashley looked up, surprised to hear him telling her to leave.

"OUT!" Bright yelled again, emphasizing his command.

Ashley struggled to stand up, her hand throbbing with pain. She bowed down quickly and left the office, her mind filled with confusion and relief for having her life spared.

Bright closed his eyes for a moment, pressing a button to call Dew.

"You called me, Boss?" Dew stood in front of Bright.

"Give me all the information you can find about the owner of that cafe," Bright ordered, sitting down.

"Will do, Boss," Dew bowed down and left the office to fulfill the task.

As he passed by Ashley's table, Dew noticed her treating her wound.

"You're lucky he spared your life. You should be grateful to have a spot in his life," Dew commented before leaving. Ashley's eyes widened. Is it what she think is it?

Bright sat in his office, deep in thought about the recent events.

"Attacking using defensive skill? Who are you?"

TBC