Part 20

Win was sitting in Bright's office, still in shock to learn that Bright was the boss and not some perverted old man.

"You look scared," Dew commented, noticing Win's pale face.

Win only turned to look at Dew.

"I understand. I heard people talking about the boss being an old man who loves to take people as his mistresses," Dew said, chuckling.

Win stay silent, unsure of what to say.

"Not funny," Bright said, sitting in his chair.

Win looked up, examining Bright closely. Upon closer inspection, he appeared handsome, and the way he had rescued Win earlier had left a good first impression on him.

"So, what should we do now, Boss? The boy is here," Dew asked, pointing at Win.

Win's eyes widened as he realized he was in the very place he had intended to run away from.

"Are... Are you going to sell me?" Win asked, fidgeting with his fingers.

Bright didn't look up from his file. He wanted to finish things quickly so he could go to the hospital as soon as possible.

"Boss?" Dew asked, noticing Bright's distraction.

"All collateral given to me is my property," Bright said, standing up and finishing his tasks efficiently.

"Property?" Win asked, his mind racing with thoughts.

"Yeah, so you should know what to do," Bright said, grabbing his jacket before leaving.

"Wait," Win said, but Bright had already gone.

"He was in such a hurry," Dew said, clicking his tongue.

"What... What should I do?" Win asked, looking at Dew for guidance.

"Hmmm, let's see... For starters, you can move here. I'll prepare a room for you. And I'll let the boss do the rest," Dew said, standing up and leaving the room.

Win sat there, dumbfounded. What did that even mean? Property? Then, Win's eyes widened. Is it what he thought it was?

Meanwhile, Bright went straight to the hospital. When he arrived, he instructed his men to leave them alone. He saw Gulf still resting, and relief washed over Bright as he sat down next to Gulf, holding his hand.

"You came earlier than I expected," Gulf said, surprising Bright.

"You're awake?" Bright asked, holding Gulf's hand tightly.

Gulf nodded.

"You heard what I said?" Bright asked, to which Gulf nodded in response.

"What happened?" Gulf asked.

"It's nothing. I'll tell you when you're in better condition," Bright said, smiling.

"It's the first time I've seen you smile," Gulf commented, returning the smile.

"I smile a lot," Bright said, raising an eyebrow.

"I haven't seen it," Gulf said.

"Well then, I guess you should start looking at me," Bright said, smiling.

The day ended with Gulf falling asleep in the middle of their conversation and Bright's continuous smiling.

The next day arrived, and Gulf saw Bright coming in with food. Bright helped Gulf sit up and then fed him. At first, Gulf insisted that he could eat by himself, but Bright was determined not to let Gulf lift a finger. Bright only left when Gulf was asleep, to check on his work and change his clothes.

As Bright descended the stairs, he bumped into Win.

"Whoa," Win exclaimed, he missed a step and almost fell but Bright was quick to catch him.

Bright held Win's arm, and Win's other arm held Bright's arm. Win looked up and saw Bright's face close to his own, allowing him to see Bright's deep eyes.

"Watch your steps," Bright said, pulling Win to safety before letting go of him.

"Thank you," Win said, looking down.

"Hmm," Bright replied, before leaving the house to go to the hospital.

"Wait!" Win suddenly said, stopping Bright. Bright only turned and raised an eyebrow.

"I wanted to say thank you for not selling me or something like that" Win muttered, biting his lower lip.

"Hmmm," Bright said, leaving the place.

Win watched Bright leave, a smile forming on his face. He could still smell Bright's fragrance on the stairs.

"You know that I can take care of myself, right?" Gulf commented, seeing Bright enter with fruits.

"I know, but I don't want you to," Bright said, smiling. He prepared the fruit before placing it on the desk.

"Here," Bright said, offering Gulf a piece of apple.

Getting used to the treatment, Gulf simply opened his mouth and let Bright feed him the fruit. They talked until the evening when suddenly Gulf spoke up.

"Oh, I forgot about Win. What happened after I got shot?" Gulf said, facing Bright.

"He now lives in my house," Bright said, pouring a drink.

"What? How?" Gulf asked, furrowing his brow.

"I left that day because someone kidnapped him," Bright said, explaining slowly.

"What?! Why?" Gulf asked, raising his voice slightly.

"They thought he was an important person to me, so they kidnapped him," Bright said, handing the drink to Gulf.

"And you rescued him?" Gulf asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"Yes. Now he lives with me" Bright said, sitting down.

"You won't sell him, won't you? Or we're going to have some problems. He's like my little brother now" Gulf said, narrowing his eyes.

"No, I won't do anything bad to him. He lives peacefully in my house. After all, he is my collateral," Bright said, sitting down.

Gulf only nodded but sensed that something was about to happen, and it wasn't going to be good.

Five days had passed since the incident, and Gulf was recovering quickly. Today, Bright couldn't be with Gulf due to some work commitments. However, Win was visiting him instead. Bright had asked Win to be by Gulf's side since Win seemed very worried about him.

"P," Win said, entering the room.

"Win," Gulf smiled. Win immediately went in for a hug.

"I was so scared that you would die," Win said, tears forming in his eyes.

"Sorry for making you worry," Gulf said.

They talked for hours when Win suddenly spoke up.

"P... How do you know Bright?" Win asked, his attention focused on Gulf.

"Oh, he came to see me a few times to ask about you. That's how we became acquainted," Gulf said, leaving out some details.

"Ohh, no wonder he helped you the other day," Win said, taking a seat.

"Why do you suddenly ask about him?" Gulf inquired, curious. Win bit his lower lip before speaking up.

"You know... If I had known the boss was Bright, I would have agreed to be his partner," Win confessed.

"What?" Gulf asked, surprised by Win's words.

"I think... I like him."

TBC