Part 17

Bright and Gulf stood there, and the tension between them was heavy.

"Why were you avoiding me?" Bright asked, surprised by Gulf's answer.

"I..." Gulf couldn't form any words.

"Tell me, Gulf. Why?" Bright grabbed Gulf's arm, raising his voice.

"Let go of me," Gulf tried to pull his arm. He couldn't handle any physical contact between them at the moment. He felt like he was about to break.

"No! Tell me why right now, or I'll make sure everyone hears us," Bright said, getting closer to Gulf.

Gulf could feel his walls crumbling as Bright approached. However, he needs to be strong.

"Because I hate people like you," Gulf said, his eyes filled with seriousness.

"What?" Bright furrowed his eyebrows.

"You heard me. I hate someone like you, I hate the mafia. That's why I left, so you wouldn't bother me again. Now let me go!" Gulf said, pulling his arm forcefully from Bright's grasp.

Bright was shocked by his words. Slowly, anger began to well up inside him.

"Do you think it's that easy?! As long as that boy is here, I will come and bother you, remember that!", Bright said, his anger consuming him.

"That's right! The only reason you're here is because of the boy, right? So why are you bothering me?! You should just focus on the boy!" Gulf poured out his emotions.

Bright saw tears welling up in Gulf's eyes. He realized that maybe Gulf didn't feel the same way about him as he did. It felt like a stab to the heart. After a few moments, Bright spoke up.

"Fine. If that's what you want, I will stop bothering you. Be prepared to fight my people again", Bright said, leaving the place.

As Bright disappeared, Gulf felt his legs trembling. He leaned against the wall for support.

"Why does it hurt so bad?" Gulf muttered to himself.

After a few minutes of collecting himself, Gulf went to the front. He was faced with a worried Win.

"P... Are you okay?" Win asked, his voice filled with concern.

"I'm fine... Let's just focus on our job," Gulf said, signaling Win not to pursue the matter.

Three days had passed, and there was no sign of Bright or his men coming to the shop. It was peaceful for Win, but for Gulf, those days dragged on slowly. Whenever Gulf baked, all he could think about was how Bright used to compliment his bread, or how Bright's face would light up when he smelled it. He could only sigh, knowing it was his fault for pushing Bright away, but he had to do it for the sake of both of them.

It was 5:30 PM, and it was time for Win to go back home.

"I'll be going, P," Win turned around to wave at Gulf but accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Win said.

"Do you think saying sorry is going to fix this, boy?" A deep voice spoke up. Win looked up and saw a large man in front of him, looking intimidating.

"Uhhhh," Win was scared as the man stared at him.

"What seems to be the problem, sir?" Gulf said, pulling Win behind him.

"This boy bumped into me, and now my coffee spilled," the man said, lowering his voice.

"I'm sorry for the accident. I'll make you a new one, free of charge," Gulf said, smiling at the man.

The man looked at Gulf and smirked.

"Fine, cutie. I'll take you up on your offer," the man sneered.

Win could feel goosebumps all over his body. This man was a pervert!

"Win, you should go now," Gulf said. Without wasting time, Win quickly left the place.

"Please have a seat while I make you a new one, sir," Gulf said, maintaining a polite smile.

"Sure, pretty," the man laughed and sat down.

"Here you go, sir," Gulf placed the coffee on the table.

"Please, call me Mark, sweetie," the man winked and left the place.

Gulf ignored his flirty remarks. He didn't have time to deal with people like that. It was heart-fluttering when Bright did it, then Gulf shook his head.

"Stop thinking about him! Maybe right now, he's not even thinking about you!" Gulf said to himself, then went back to his tasks.

"What are you thinking, Boss?" Dew asked. They had just finished practicing shooting, and Dew could see that his boss was distressed.

"Nothing," Bright said, sitting down.

"Really? You shot all the mannequins without mercy. If it were possible, you could even kill me with those shots," Dew commented.

Bright stayed quiet.

"Is it because of the deal? I'm sure we can find another alternative, Boss," Dew said, sitting next to Bright.

Talking about the deal, Bright remembered the night the deal was canceled. He remembered how comforting Gulf had been. How he woke up at 3 a.m. just to bake bread for him. How Gulf's face lit up whenever he baked, and Bright loved every moment of it. Bright stood up abruptly and continued shooting as if there were no tomorrow.

"Fuck! What are you thinking, Bright?! You're the leader of the biggest group, for fuck's sake! When you were thinking about him all day and night, he probably wasn't even thinking about you!" Bright thought. He kept shooting bullets as if he could make his feelings disappear.

Exactly one week had passed since their fight, and Gulf looked worse for wear. He appeared as if he were going through heartbreak.

"P... You look bad, again..." Win commented.

Gulf could only look at Win. He didn't even have words. Win was worried about Gulf, so he decided to stay with him until closing time. Just as they were about to close, a customer walked in, and Win was shocked. He quickly went behind Gulf.

"P..?" Gulf looked up and saw Mark with a few people around him.

"May I help you, sir?" Gulf asked.

"Yes, you see...I told my boss about you and he was wondering if you wanted to be his wife" Mark winked.

"What, Sir?" Gulf furrowed his eyebrows. Is this a joke?

"Oh, come on. My boss is rich honey. You can buy whatever you wanted. If you reject him, I'm afraid I have to hurt you, baby. My boss doesn't like the word no", Mark licked his lips. He pulled Gulf by the arm.

"Sorry, Sir. I'm not interested in getting involved with a pervert. You can tell your boss to get the fuck off me" Gulf retorted. He then pulled his arm hard and accidentally hit the man's chin.

"What did you say, Bitch?!" Mark shouted. Two of his man attack Gulf but the attempts were in despair as Gulf defend himself well. Both of the men fall to the ground.

"Bitch!" Mark shouted. Gulf was ready to fight Mark, but he wasn't prepared for a gunshot aimed at him. As if everything on slow motion, Gulf's body fell to the ground.

"P!!"

TBC