Part 13

"The chief was so stubborn. He wouldn't take no for an answer," Gulf said, straightening his clothes.

"Why did he set you up on a date?" Bright asked, lowering his voice.

"One time I complained about being lonely, and he's been going around setting up dates for me. It's exhausting, especially when I have to pay for the date," Gulf replied, coming out and placing his perfume on the dining table.

Bright didn't say anything, but his expression didn't look good.

"Anyway, you should leave. Take care of your wounds," Gulf said, spraying his perfume on himself.

Hearing no answer from the other side, Gulf turned around only to face Bright.

"What are you doing?" Gulf asked.

Bright only came closer and then trapped Gulf between his arms.

"Bright?" Gulf panicked at the sudden closeness.

"Why would I let you go?" Bright's eyes darkened. He had never felt this way before, but it felt like something had awakened inside him.

"What do you mean?" Gulf furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're not allowed to meet anyone other than me," Bright leaned closer, staring directly at Gulf.

"What? What are you talking about?" Gulf said, raising his voice slightly.

Then, Bright circled his arm around Gulf's waist and pulled him even closer. Surprised by the action, Gulf yelped.

"What are you doing? You're too close" Gulf tried to push Bright away, but the man was too strong.

"You should take care of me instead of meeting others," Bright said, his voice tinged with jealousy.

"Wha-" Gulf was cut off by Bright hugging him tightly.

Gulf was dumbfounded. The house was quiet, with only their breathing audible. Bright leaned against Gulf's neck and sniffed his scent. Gulf has a fragrance that attracted him.

"Are you sniffing me? Get off me," Gulf said, disbelief in his voice.

"Stay here. Take care of me," Bright suddenly said.

"You're not a child. You can take care of yourself!" Gulf pushed Bright's shoulder without realizing he had hit Bright's wounded arm.

"Hsss," Bright hissed in pain, letting go of Gulf.

Gulf's eyes widened. The bandage was bleeding. He looked at Bright, who could only close his eyes and sighed.

"You're right, I should take care of myself. You can go on your date, and I'll be here treating my wound," Bright turned around.

"How could you treat your wound?" Gulf said, catching Bright's wrist.

"I don't know, but I guess I could try," Bright pulled his wrist away from Gulf.

Bright then took the first aid kit and placed it on a table. He sat down on a sofa and opened the bandage, struggling with it. Seeing the scene, Gulf sighed and pulled out his phone.

"Hello, Chief?.... I'm sorry, but I have an emergency, and I really can't go," Gulf spoke with the chief for a moment and then sat next to Bright. Bright, who was struggling, looked up.

"Why are you still here? You're going to be late," Bright said, feigning innocence.

Gulf just shook his head and sighed.

"Here, let me do it," Gulf took the bandage from Bright's hand. He then cleaned Bright's wound before bandaging it. While Gulf was cleaning the wound, Bright formed a small smile, as if his plan had worked.

"It worked," Bright thought, hiding his smile.

Bright stayed there the whole evening. It was midnight when Bright decided to go back to his home.

"Are you sure they won't find you?" Gulf asked, worried about Bright.

"I'll be fine. I'll ask Dew to drive me," Bright said, reassuring Gulf.

"If you say so," Gulf said, pouting slightly. He was worried about Bright, but the man never seemed to worry about himself.

Seeing the pout, Bright pulled Gulf closer by his waist. Gulf yelped, shocked by the sudden action. When he wanted to say something, he saw Bright staring directly into his eyes.

"Thank you," Bright said, then kissed Gulf on the cheek. After that, Bright let Gulf, who was still dumbfounded, go.

"See you again," Bright smirked and winked before leaving through the window.

Gulf stood there for a few seconds, trying to process what had just happened. He touched his cheek and could feel it burning up.

"What...?" Gulf muttered to himself.

Bright arrived at his office in a good mood.

"Boss, where did you go the whole day? We were worried about you since we didn't see you after the fight," Dew went straight to Bright's office.

"I was meeting someone," Bright said curtly, hiding his good mood.

"How's your wound? I was surprised to see you didn't avoid the gun, as if you wanted to get shot," Dew said, recalling how Bright had stood firm when the gun was pointed at him.

"I was trying something, and the outcome is exactly what I wanted," Bright turned his chair, hiding a smile that formed on his face.

Gulf was in a daze. Did yesterday's events happen?

"P'?" Win brought Gulf back to reality.

"Huh?" Gulf asked.

"What's wrong?" Win asked, concerned about Gulf.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about something," Gulf assured Win.

"Fine, if you say so," Win dismissed the topic. Gulf seemed like he didn't want to continue discussing it.

"Welcome to Havens Cafe, what can I get you?" Win asked a customer. Gulf proceeded to continue making coffee when suddenly he heard a familiar voice.

"I'd like today's special," the voice intrigued Gulf. When he looked up, his eyes widened. The man was wearing a mask, but Gulf could recognize those eyes anywhere.

"Bright," Gulf thought to himself.

"Your drink will be ready in a minute, Sir," Win said. The man didn't even look at Win; his eyes went straight to Gulf. Gulf gulped. He hadn't finished processing what had happened yesterday, and now Bright was here.

If things continued like this, his heart would be in trouble.

TBC