Part 27

Gulf was making coffee in the kitchen when suddenly Win came. Win smiled and offered to help, but as usual, Gulf asked him to stay still. Win then followed his order and sat on the dining chair.

"Now that I think about it, I wish you had told me sooner, P," Win said, suddenly.

"About what?" Gulf said, pouring hot water.

"About you and Bright. That way, I wouldn't have misunderstood things and thought I was going to be P'Bright's wife," Win commented.

"Sorry. I didn't know how to tell you," Gulf said, handing Win his coffee.

"Whose wife?" A voice came from behind, and both of them turned around to see Ashley looking dumbfounded.

"Oh, morning, Ashley. Would you like a drink?" Gulf offered, smiling then walked towards the kitchen.

"Wait, wait. Did I just hear Boss's wife?" Ashley said, still dumbfounded.

"Oh, that-" Gulf wanted to say something, but Win cut him off.

"Me. Be P'Bright's wife. Got a problem?" Win raised his eyebrow.

"You?!" Ashley's mouth was agape.

"Yup. He told me yesterday," Win sipped his coffee.

"I don't believe it!" Ashley yelled.

"Believe what?" Suddenly, Bright came from behind.

Gulf looked up and saw Bright. Win stood up and smiled at Bright.

"Boss, is it true that-" Ashley wanted to ask Bright but was cut off.

"I was talking about yesterday's incident, P," Win smiled widely.

Bright took a look at Win and Gulf. Maybe it was about his relationship with Gulf.

"It's true. Any problem about that?" Bright said, threatening Ashley so she wouldn't say anything bad about his man. Or things would get worse.

"But-"

"You're still here?" Bright raised his eyebrow.

"Sorry, boss. I'll get to work," Ashley quickly went to her office.

Win smirked, seeing Ashley leave. Bright then shot a look at Gulf, almost saying that he wanted coffee. Gulf smiled and nodded as if knowing the signal. Then Bright went to his office.

"So sweet, nonverbal communication between couples," Win chuckled, sitting down.

"Why did you say that to Ashley? She could misunderstand things now," Gulf said, pouring hot coffee for Bright.

"Because I don't believe her," Win said, sipping his coffee.

"Why?" Gulf furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hmmm...I'll tell you after I confirm it," Win said, smiling.

Gulf just shook his head. He didn't understand what happened.

The next day, Gulf and Win went downstairs and saw Ashley in the kitchen. It seemed like she was making coffee.

"Morning, Ashley," Gulf smiled.

"Oh, morning Gulf. Morning, Win," Ashley smiled at Gulf but not at Win. Win simply ignored her.

"Are you making coffee?" Gulf asked, walking closer to Ashley.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. It's for me," Ashley said, flustered seeing Gulf close to her.

Gulf nodded. He felt bad not being able to make the coffee that Ashley liked. Maybe it was because she studied abroad before. Win snorted, at least the girl knew how to make coffee.

"Are you making coffee today, Gulf?" Ashley asked.

"Oh, Win said he wanted to try a new recipe. Maybe he would give it to Bright too," Gulf said, smiling.

Ashley only nodded before going to her office.

Win wanted to try to make a new recipe, but it was a disaster. So, Gulf stepped in to make the regular coffee for them. He told Win to try next time.

Crash! Gulf and Win were close to Bright's office when they saw Ashley falling on the ground, her files scattered.

"Let us help you," Gulf placed the coffee tray on Ashley's desk before assisting her.

Win stood still until Gulf asked him to help too. He then helped Ashley and Gulf to clean up the mess.

"Thank you," Ashley smiled at Gulf.

Win then brought the tray to Bright's office. Bright's expression brightened when he saw Gulf.

Win placed the cup on the tray. When Gulf sat on the sofa, he smelled something unpleasant, but it was very subtle. He ignored it, thinking it might be because of the rainy day.

They talked peacefully until Bright received a call and went to take the phone to his desk. However, suddenly he fell.

"Bright!" Gulf ran towards Bright. He saw Bright's expression suddenly go pale.

"Win, call the doctor," Win nodded then went to find the house doctor.

Ashley rushed over, hearing the commotion.

"Boss!" Ashley went beside Bright, holding his hand.

Gulf was busy worrying to notice the skinship.

The doctor arrived, and they brought Bright back to his room. The doctor checked on Bright and gave him medicine, so he fell asleep.

"What happened, Doctor?" Gulf asked, worried about Bright.

"I have taken his blood, and it will need a few hours for the result to come. But, seeing the signs, it might be food poisoning," the doctor stated.

Food poisoning? Gulf was shocked to hear that. He remembered Bright didn't eat anything else besides his coffee. Is it...?

The doctor left, and Gulf ordered Win and Ashley to leave Bright to rest. Ashley wanted to argue, but Win pulled her away before she could say anything.

A few hours passed, and Bright woke up. He felt better but still not completely well.

"Bright?" Gulf quickly went beside Bright.

"Gulf..." Bright slowly sat up.

"Are you feeling okay?" Gulf said, cupping Bright's cheek.

Bright nodded. It still hurt, but it was bearable. This was nothing compared to gunshot wounds.

Gulf let out a relieved sigh. His eyes were teary. He was worried something had happened to Bright.

"You're crying," Bright chuckled, seeing tears on Gulf's cheek.

"It's because of you. I was so worried," Gulf wiped his tears.

"I'm sorry for making you worry," Bright cupped Gulf's cheek and kissed his forehead.

The next day came, and Bright felt better. It wasn't supposed to be that fast, but Bright was not a normal person.

Bright was in his office when Ashley came in after knocking.

"What?" Bright said, curtly.

"Boss...About yesterday, I heard it was food poisoning. What did you eat yesterday?" Ashley said, showing her puppy eyes.

Bright looked up. Why should he answer that?

"I...I was thinking maybe it's the coffee that made you sick," Ashley said, pouting.

"What?" Bright furrowed his brow.

"I mean...After you drank the coffee, you fainted. So, it must be because of the coffee. And as I remember, Win made the coffee," Ashley said.

TBC