Part 15

Gulf stood there silently, sensing the tension in Bright's body. Slowly, Gulf placed his hand on Bright's back and began to rub it, hoping to calm him down. They remained in that position for a while until Bright started to relax his grip. Gulf then distanced himself a bit from Bright, his heart racing when the man suddenly hugged him without warning.

Bright released Gulf and leaned back against the sofa, still upset about the recent events. He closed his eyes. Gulf observed how distressed Bright looked and went to his coffee maker table.

Bright opened his eyes as the aroma of tea wafted into his nose. He glanced over to find Gulf placing a cup on the table.

"Here, drink this," Gulf said, walking towards his desk and leaning against it, creating some space between them.

Bright pondered for a moment before reaching for the cup. It looked and smelled different from coffee, but the scent alone helped relax him a bit. As he sipped the tea, he could feel his entire body starting to unwind.

"Chamomile tea is good for relaxing the body," Gulf commented, crossing his arms over his chest.

The tea indeed helped Bright forget about his frustrations for a moment. After finishing his drink, he leaned back against the sofa, staring at the ceiling. Gulf watched Bright, his gaze fixed on him when suddenly Bright broke the silence.

"What's the point of being the biggest group when you can be easily fooled by people?" Bright asked, indirectly expressing his troubles. He continued to stare at the ceiling.

Gulf let out a sigh, understanding what Bright meant. It must be the reason for his distress. Gulf walked over to Bright, pushing the cup aside, and sat on the table, facing him.

"It's not about being the biggest group or not. It's about how much trust you can place in someone," Gulf commented, searching for the right words.

"But in this business, you should know how easy it is for people to turn their backs on you. How can you be a leader if you can't forget about those things even for a moment?" Bright pushed, trying to convey his perspective.

"It's a risk that everyone in this business must take. Trust and betrayal will happen, but what matters most is whether you can come back again or not. You've done your best so maybe you could take this as a lesson in the future?," Gulf said, attempting to comfort him.

Bright looked at Gulf, his heart feeling lighter as the man's words resonated with him. He reached out his hand and gently grasped Gulf's hand, staring into his eyes.

"Thank you," Bright said. At that moment, Gulf could feel his heart being touched. The sincerity in Bright's eyes moved him. He had heard those words before, but this time, they felt different.

Being in the mafia group, everyone knew that the boss never said "thank you" or "please" to anyone. Those were not empty words that could be said to just anyone; they were reserved for the special ones. But Gulf had now heard Bright say "thank you" twice and "please" once.

Gulf felt a tingle in his hand as Bright held it. He could only nod, unable to form any words. They stayed in that position for a while before Bright stood up.

"I should get going," Bright said, letting go of Gulf's hand.

"But are you sure it's safe?" Gulf asked, worried about Bright's safety.

"I'm sure they are still searching for me but I'll be careful," Bright replied.

"Then, spend the night. You can leave early in the morning. It's safer that way," Gulf suggested.

Bright turned to face Gulf, barely able to hide his smile upon seeing Gulf's worried expression. He simply nodded, and Gulf's face lit up. Gulf went to get a blanket and pillow, while Bright sat down on the sofa, still smiling.

"Cute," he commented.

It was 3 a.m. when Bright woke up. It was the perfect time to leave, as it was still dark outside. Bright intended to see Gulf one more time before leaving, but he was surprised to find Gulf in the kitchen.

"What are you doing up at this hour?" Bright raised an eyebrow.

"I thought you might be hungry, so I made you a little snack before you leave. You need energy to recover from a fall, right?" Gulf smiled as he cut freshly baked bread.

At that moment, Bright never thought Gulf could look even more beautiful than he already was. Touched by Gulf's actions, Bright walked up behind him and hugged him.

"Um, Bright?" Gulf was taken aback by the sudden gesture.

Bright rested his chin on Gulf's shoulder.

"Aaa," Bright opened his mouth.

Gulf was surprised for a moment before chuckling. This was the mafia boss? Gulf then took a piece of bread and fed it to Bright.

"Is it good?" Gulf asked, smiling at the childlike man.

Bright nodded, then kissed Gulf on the cheek while taking another slice of bread.

"I should get going. Bye," Bright then disappeared like a gust of wind, leaving Gulf dumbfounded.

"What just happened?" Gulf stood there, dumbfounded.

Bright arrived at his office and began planning another alternative to reach his goal. He was in a better mood than before, and his mind was clear.

Two days later, Gulf was finishing up his report when he suddenly spoke up.

"You know, it would be better to use the front door," Gulf looked up.

"As long as you can give me the passcode," Bright said.

"You seem to be doing better than the other day," Gulf commented, walking over to his coffee maker table.

"Thanks to someone," Bright said, walking towards Gulf.

"Well, as a welcoming gesture, why don't you leave me and the boy alone?" Gulf suggested. He held two cups of coffee and turned around to face Bright.

"I can't do that," Bright said, taking a cup from Gulf's hand and heading towards the sofa.

"At this point, it makes me think you know where the boy is," Gulf stated, leaning against his desk.

Bright paused for a moment, impressed by Gulf's intuition.

"If I knew where the boy was, have you ever considered what I would do?" Bright said, placing his cup on the table.

"Well, firstly, you could stop coming to my apartment since you know where the boy is," Gulf said, placing his cup on the desk.

Bright then approached Gulf, trapping him against his desk and leaning in closer.

"Who said I'm here to see the boy?"

TBC