Part 24

The Gulf stared at the floor, waiting for Bright's answer. He hoped that Bright would let him go since Bright now knew the truth.

"I can't..." Bright suddenly said, surprising Gulf.

"What? I've told you the whole story, and yet you want me to stay? It hurts...," Gulf said, staring directly at Bright.

Bright saw tears falling on Gulf's cheeks and wiped them away with his hand. He then cupped Gulf's cheek while staring directly into Gulf's eyes—the eyes he could not forget, the eyes he had dreamed about for years. They were now in front of him, within his reach. How could he let go?

"I'm sorry for what happened to Master but I'm here for you... you don't have to be afraid," Bright said, his voice filled with concern.

"You don't understand," Gulf shook his head and stood up. He needed to leave now to end things.

Gulf walked toward the doorknob, his hand ready to turn it, but suddenly Bright walked up behind him and hugged him.

"Bright, don't do this again. I'm tired. Just let me go, and everything will be fine," Gulf said, pushing Bright's hands away.

"You said I don't understand, but do you understand how I feel?" Bright suddenly said, his voice wavering.

Gulf was quiet in response. He didn't want to hear anything more from Bright. He just didn't get it.

Bright turned Gulf around to face him, placing his hands around Gulf's waist. Gulf looked up and was surprised to see Bright's eyes filled with tears. He had never seen Bright so weak.

"Did you ever consider how I felt? I didn't see you for a week, and it broke me. What do you think will happen when I don't see you at all? I'll die..." Bright confessed, his voice wavering.

Gulf's eyes widened. Someone so strong had become weak because of him. Suddenly, he was reminded of his father. If only his mother were still around, maybe they would have been a happy family. Maybe he would never have seen his dad so weak. All those times, he wished it had been him getting shot and not his mother. At least, his mother would have been able to comfort his dad, and maybe his dad would never have lost his reason to smile.

All the memories of his dad being weak flooded Gulf's mind, and he realized that maybe Bright would be the same if he left him.

"Why? Why me?" Gulf suddenly said, still in disbelief that he was the reason a strong person became weak.

"Because the moment I saw you, all I ever wanted was to be by your side until the end," Bright confessed, hoping his sincere words would touch Gulf's heart.

And they did. Gulf couldn't keep up his walls any longer. All the emotions he had been through and all of it just indicated that he wanted to be with Bright. Gulf's tears fell as he nodded.

"I'll stay," Gulf finally succumbed to Bright's sincere words.

Bright's smile widened, and he hugged Gulf tightly. After a few minutes, Bright let go of Gulf and leaned his forehead against Gulf.

"Thank you," Bright said, staring into Gulf's eyes.

"I'll stay so you can stop crying," Gulf chuckled while wiping Bright's tears.

"It's your fault. You make me weak, so you have to be responsible," Bright said, catching Gulf's hand.

"Yes, yes... Whatever you say," Gulf teased, smiling.

Bright smiled and kissed Gulf's forehead. Then, they stayed in the room for the whole day before Gulf asked Bright to show him around the house.

"I'll show you my office first," Bright said, holding Gulf's hand.

"Okay, but..." Gulf stopped before they went outside.

Bright turned around and raised his eyebrows.

"Maybe we can tour the house without holding hands," Gulf said, biting his lower lip.

"But I don't want to," Bright said, holding Gulf's hand tighter.

"Bright..." Gulf gave him a look.

"Ugh, fine," Bright said, rolling his eyes. He let go of Gulf's hand. He didn't want to, but he couldn't disobey Gulf either.

Gulf smiled and walked towards the door. He felt proud to be able to control Bright.

Bright led Gulf to his office, and they met Ashley and Dew along the way.

"This is Ashley, my assistant, and this is Dew, you already seen him," Bright said curtly. He had an image to maintain.

"Hi, I'm Gulf," Gulf smiled and shook both of their hands. Ashley was impressed by how handsome Gulf was. He looked very different from the pictures. Ashley assumed Gulf was there because they had caught Win.

"Come," Bright said, walking towards his office. Gulf followed Bright and was impressed by how big the office was. The tour went well, and Gulf was tired after a long day.

"If I'm going to stay here, where's my room?" Gulf asked.

"Follow me," Bright said, walking towards his room.

They arrived in front of Bright's room.

"This is your room?" Gulf said, raising an eyebrow.

"I know," Bright smiled.

"Then, where's mine?" Gulf said, looking around for another room, but it was the only room on the floor.

Bright pulled Gulf inside.

"This is your room. What's mine is yours," Bright said, hugging Gulf from behind. Gulf just rolled his eyes.

"But this room is full of your stuff. Where should I put mine? Even the decorations are very you," Gulf commented.

"Well, you can decorate it however you want. As long as you're happy," Bright said, smiling.

Gulf just smiled, happy with the treatment. He never thought that someone rumored to be cruel could be so romantic. That night, it was the first time they slept in the same bed.

The next day arrived, and Gulf woke up earlier than Bright. It was his habit.

"Hmmm, 5 more minutes," Bright pulled Gulf toward him.

"I need to go to the bathroom," Gulf said, making an excuse. Bright nodded while keeping his eyes closed.

Gulf left the room after washing up. He come down when suddenly someone called him.

"P?"

Gulf turned to see Win on the other side.

"Win..." Gulf slowly called out.

TBC