Part 30

Bright had never been this angry in his whole life. How dare this person touch his love!

"You're dead," Bright smirked.

He holstered the gun and then pulled out a brass knuckle, the famous brass knuckle inherited from Bright's family. Gulf gulped, recognizing its significance.

Bright kicked the man so hard that he landed on his back. Without hesitation, he started pummeling the man's face in a fit of rage. Gulf winced at the brutal scene, witnessing the brass knuckle piercing the man's skin. He even saw the man's flesh.

"Don't. Touch. My. Partner," Bright growled, emphasizing each word with a punch.

Gulf shook, realizing that this situation was almost reminiscent of the café incident, only now, it was much worse.

"Urghh," Win groaned as he slowly sat up.

"Win," Gulf rushed to his side, making sure he was okay.

"P..." Win's fear was evident as he saw the scene unfold, holding onto Gulf's hand tightly.

"Bright. Enough," Gulf commanded, noticing Win's growing fear.

Bright finally stopped, still filled with dissatisfaction, but he would deal with it later. He went to Gulf to check on him after setting down the brass knuckle.

"Are you okay, love? I told you to lock the door," Bright said, embracing Gulf.

"I'm fine. Thank you for coming," Gulf said, managing a smile.

"I should've come earlier, but I needed to settle things," Bright explained.

"What happened?" Gulf asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I'll tell you later, but for now, let's go to my office. And Win...You go to your room, Dew is there waiting for you. He will protect you if anything happens," Bright said, helping Gulf to his feet.

As Gulf headed to Bright's office and Win retreated to his room, Bright remained behind. Gulf was puzzled by his actions, but Bright insisted that Gulf should go ahead first. Once Gulf had left the floor, Bright pulled out his gun.

"Never touch what's mine," Bright smirked, shooting the first two men in the head with deadly precision. He then walked slowly towards the big man.

He shot the man in each hand and leg, ensuring he was immobilized, and finally shot him in the heart before delivering a fatal shot to his head. Bright made sure to use a silencer so Gulf can't hear the sound. After the grim task, he put the gun back.

"Consider yourself lucky. I chose to end your life instead of torturing you. It's for temporary satisfaction," Bright taunted as he combed back his hair.

When he finally reached his office, he found Gulf standing there, arms crossed.

"You shot them, right?" Gulf said, narrowing his eyes.

"Well..." Bright avoided Gulf's gaze, knowing he couldn't hide anything from his crazy sense.

Gulf sighed. He wanted to be angry, but it had already happened, and there was no undoing it.

"Now, can you tell me what the hell is going on?" Gulf said, sitting on the sofa, visibly exhausted.

"Actually...It's because of this," Bright handed a file to Gulf, who began to scan through its contents. Gulf was taken aback to see the deed to Gulch Town with both Bright's father's name and his father's name at the end of the deed.

"This..." Gulf looked up in surprise.

Bright let out a breath and sat beside Gulf, holding his hands.

"I just received this information as well. When your dad asked to leave the group that day, he also requested a place free of the mafia so he could live with you in peace. Since my dad was fond of your dad, he not only prepared a place but also gave the town to your dad. That's why until now, no mafia group could take over the town. Regardless of how much they harassed the chief, he couldn't give the town away because he wasn't the owner; it was your dad. And now, the owner of the town is you, love," Bright explained, gazing deeply into Gulf's eyes.

Gulf was in shock at the revelation. All these years, the town had been free from the clutches of the mafia because of his dad. He had been able to live peacefully because of his father's love and sacrifice.

"I..." Gulf's eyes filled with tears. Bright pulled Gulf closer to him.

"This is all because your dad loves you. He always loved you, my dear," Bright comforted Gulf.

Gulf managed to smile through his tears, feeling a weight lifted off his shoulders. Finally, he could be confident in his father's love.

Bright held Gulf until he calmed down. Gulf then distanced himself from Bright, but Bright kept his hand on Gulf's thigh. After a few minutes, Gulf spoke up.

"Then, what about the fight this morning? Was it because of me?" Gulf asked. Bright sighed.

"It's Witaya," Bright began, surprising Gulf with the name. He had no idea the man was still alive.

"He received information about me having a partner. A few days ago, he called me, asking me to confirm the rumor. Of course, to protect you, I had to lie. However, this morning he showed up unannounced. He said he knows who you are and came here to meet you and demand the town. Owning the town is the only way he can surpass me. By possessing your town, he would become the most powerful man," Bright explained, walking towards his desk.

"What?" Gulf stood up, unable to believe what he was hearing. Witaya wanted him?

"That's why the fight happened. He wanted to search the whole house. Each of my men was fighting his men. But, the three people managed to slip out of our hands as I was fighting with Witaya. I'm sorry for not being able to come earlier," Bright said, while Gulf walked closer to him.

Gulf sighed. He can't be angry. It wasn't Bright's fault. Gulf then stood in front of Bright before sitting on his lap. Bright placed his hands on Gulf's waist.

"It's okay. I knew eventually you would come to me," Gulf smiled, leaning in to kiss Bright on the lips.

"Always, love," Bright smiled back.

A few days passed, and security became even stricter. Gulf couldn't be alone for a second. He had to be accompanied by Dew, Bright, or two of Bright's men. Gulf initially resisted the idea, but he eventually agreed, seeing how worried Bright was about him.

Gulf was walking in the garden with Win when suddenly, Bright and Dew were seen running toward the main gate. Bright signaled something to his men, and they quickly ushered Gulf and Win into the basement, locking the door securely.

But, Gulf managed to sneak a peek through the front door's crack.

"Witaya..."

TBC