Part 26

Click. A gun was pointed at Win without his knowledge.

"Let him go," Bright said, lowering his voice.

Scared by the gun, Win quickly let go of Gulf and turned around.

"But, P... Why are you defending him? I thought I was going to be your partner?" Win asked, raising his voice.

Bright pulled Win by the arm and placed a gun on Win's stomach.

"Listen carefully. You being my property doesn't mean I wanted you as a partner. You are my property, a slave," Bright said seriously. He was this close to shooting Win. How dare he touch his beloved?

Win's eyes widened. It turned out he had been misunderstood all along. Tears filled his eyes. He thought he could finally understand what love is, but it was all gone. He couldn't form any words. Maybe this was his last moment.

"Bright," Gulf suddenly said, his eyes narrowing at Bright.

Bright turned his face toward Gulf and raised an eyebrow.

"Let the gun down," Gulf said in a serious voice.

"No. This boy disrespects you. No one can disrespect my man," Bright said, his eyes serious.

Win could feel his legs trembling. He had never seen Bright this scary before. What people said was true: Bright was cruel.

"Put. The. Gun. Down," Gulf said, staring at Bright.

Bright hesitated, but when he saw his beloved was serious, he sighed. He let go of his tight grip on Win and pushed him, causing Win to fall to the ground.

"Fine, fine," Bright said, raising his hands. He couldn't disobey Gulf.

Gulf let out a relieved sigh. Then he went to Win and offered his hand. Win looked up, and something struck him. Gulf had always been nothing but kind to him. How could he have thought Gulf was a betrayer? Win's tears finally fell.

"Win... It's okay, he won't shoot you," Gulf said, holding Win's hand. He assumed Win was scared of Bright.

"P..." Win then pulled Gulf into a hug.

"I said-" Bright wanted to speak, but Gulf shushed him.

Win was crying hard into Gulf's chest. He felt so guilty for hurting Gulf, the one who had taken care of him so well until now.

"I... I'm sorry, P," Win said between his hiccups.

Gulf smiled. He knew that what had happened was just an intrusive thought of Win. He rubbed Win's back and offered comforting words.

After a few minutes, Win let go of Gulf, still sniffling. Gulf smiled and placed a hand on Win's head.

"It's okay... It was just the heat of the moment," Gulf smiled. Win wiped his tears while nodding. He then pulled Win up to stand and kept holding his hand.

"If you're done with your moment, how about letting me have mine?" Bright said, crossing his arms. He was still angry about the fact that Win had hurt Gulf.

Win was scared, so he hid behind Gulf. Bright approached and shot a death glare. Gulf sighed and asked Win to go to his room, assuring him that he would be there later. Win quickly went to his room, leaving both of them alone. Bright wanted to follow Win but was stopped by Gulf.

"Why did you let him go? He hurt you. He should have been shot at least once," Bright said, rolling his eyes.

"Bright..." Gulf gave him a look. Bright saw it and sighed.

"Fine, fine..." Bright put the gun back, tucking it behind him.

Gulf stared at Bright for a moment before speaking up.

"Bright... I have a favor to ask," Gulf said slowly.

"Say it, I'll do anything," Bright smiled, reaching out for Gulf's hand.

"If you could, I don't want you to shoot anyone," Gulf said, looking straight into Bright's eyes.

"What? How is that possible? I'm a mafia boss. I can't do that," Bright furrowed his brow.

"Because... you know what happened to my dad. I don't want that to happen to anyone," Gulf said, letting go of Bright's hand. He then turned around, thinking that it would be hard to convince Bright.

"Please don't be upset... You know I can't do that," Bright said, hugging Gulf from behind.

"I just don't like it..." Gulf confessed. The trauma was still there and wouldn't go away, although he could now tolerate the sound of gunshots.

"But if I don't use a gun, how can I manage this group? I can't protect anyone. I can't protect you..." Bright said, comforting Gulf. This was a difficult favor.

Gulf thought about it for a few moments. He knew he couldn't stop Bright from using the gun. He sighed, holding Bright's arm that was wrapped around his waist.

"Then... Can you at least not shoot anyone in front of me? Or kill someone in front of me?" Gulf requested, seeking an agreement.

Bright stayed quiet for a while. He understood why Gulf asked for it.

"Fine... I won't kill or shoot anyone in front of you," Bright said, placing his nose on Gulf's neck.

Gulf smiled. They then talked for a while before Gulf went to Win's room. When Gulf entered, he saw Win sitting sadly on his bed. Poor boy.

"Win..." Gulf walked in, closing the door behind him. He then sat in the corner of the bed.

"Hi, P..." Win smiled thinly. He still felt guilty for lashing out at Gulf.

"Win. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier about our relationship," Gulf started.

"No, P... It's my fault. I should have seen the signs. Now I understand why P'Bright looked so worried when you were shot. And I thought he went to work these few days, but it turns out he went to the hospital. I'm sorry for lashing out at you..." Win said, pouting.

"It's okay," Gulf said, placing his hand on Win's head. He was relieved to know that Win didn't hate him anymore.

They talked a lot for the rest of the day.

TBC